Did you mean: 

Apple watch

Emmauk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hellowave

I have a cellular apple watch which is all connected to mobile network however I am finding it constantly disconnects so I get the little red cross on the top and I am having to manually connect it again

Ive tried it with no wifi connection and no Bluetooth to my phone  but it just doesn't stay connected to the network. 

Once it is connected its fine and works but then after a short time it disconnects and I have to manually press the mobile data thing from the slide up menu

Is there a setting I am missing or am I doing something wrong? or is this how it is meant to work?confused

any help would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38575 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions

If you use Social Media - FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram - reach out to the O2 Social Media Team, links just below, and see if they can help, @Emmauk - it might take a while for them to respond, so ping them again after 30mins if no initial response. Or drop into an O2 shop if there is one convenient to you today. If no luck, the O2 Advisor service operates on here from 8am Monday again, so come back here with any update. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
  • 38575 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions

If hard-rebooting the watch does not help, @Emmauk, you may need to re-check all the steps for setting up your watch with your phone have been done (taken from https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch):
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.

If all this is done OK, you may not have the correct data bolt on on your account.

Call customer service on 202 to check that iData is enabled and active.

It is also recommended that you have your account set correctly for Direct Debit, it seems.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Emmauk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 

I’ve done all this and now I can’t set up mobile data 

it comes up with error 04

called 02 who told me to call Apple called Apple who told me it was 02

called 02 back to be told they can’t do anything and to call back on Monday 

honestly why is everything so hard with 02 they are less than helpful 😩

Message 3 of 4

pgn
  • 38575 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions

If you use Social Media - FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram - reach out to the O2 Social Media Team, links just below, and see if they can help, @Emmauk - it might take a while for them to respond, so ping them again after 30mins if no initial response. Or drop into an O2 shop if there is one convenient to you today. If no luck, the O2 Advisor service operates on here from 8am Monday again, so come back here with any update. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4