Did you mean: 

Apple Watch - data plan not in use issue

BeloBe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I got my Apple Watch series 8 just under a month ago. Since then I keep having issues with the data plan. Initially, it wouldn’t connect to the internet and I couldn’t set the cellular up. I got help through here.

The data plan worked for around a week or so. But yesterday it stopped working and on the Apple Watch app it say that my o2 plan is ‘not in use’ I’m getting really annoyed over this and they obv make me pay for the monthly privilege of not being able to use the data and for all the frustration and time wasted. Anyone can help please?

1BE17A17-550B-462B-9E4E-8B8C2DF546B7.png

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@BeloBe 

It's a known issue that O2 are investigating currently with Apple.

I'll ask @O2Georgina to check for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 21

Soph588
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, this has happened to my sons watch. I wondered if you’ve managed to sort it? 

Message 3 of 21

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

I will pick this up

@BeloBe  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 4 of 21

BeloBe
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've just been contacted by support. I'll let you know if we manage to get anything sorted.

Message 5 of 21

overy87
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you manage to sort this?

Having same issue since Saturday!

Message 6 of 21

Faymondo
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also have "No SIM" on the plan now on my Apple Watch Ultra from at least yesterday.

Had also been suffering from connection problems despite a sim reset. 

Called 202 and advised it was a known problem. 

Message 7 of 21

BeloBe
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes, it seems to be sorted. 2 different person reset my eSIM and i had to de-pair my watch and wait 24 hours and set up the plan again. it's an absolute joke. i had to do the same thing several times and i've only had the watch for not even even a month.

Message 8 of 21

BeloBe
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

it seems to be working for me just the now. but i had several eSIM reset as well. 

Message 9 of 21

AJ3005
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue, only had it a couple of weeks and it worked intermittently and now not at all. The chat function is never available and I cannot get through to anyone on the phone, on hold for hours! Any ideas of how i can resolve it myself?

Message 10 of 21