Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan error code 14

John39
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello

I’ve purchased an Apple Watch s7 from John Lewis and added a data plan to my sim only contract.

I followed the instructions on:

How do I buy an Airtime Plan on an Apple Watch that I already have?

Now, I see the data plan in MyO2, but I get this error when opening the data plan settings on my phone:

Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 14

Customer services could not resolve the issue.

•iData is enabled

•WiFi calling is ON

Looks like a common issue with devices not purchased from O2. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 306
305 REPLIES 305

Janwwms
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @O2Sarah- you solved all my watch data plan errors. All good now. So grateful.

Message 171 of 306

smileblack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also having the error 14 issue. I bought my watch from O2 and it worked when delivered. An Apple update then caused the mobile connection to fail. I tried to re-add it but ended up with two sync accounts. The watch connected to Sync 2 ok but I was told by customer service they could not cancel Sync 1 so I deleted the connection. 

I have had two calls to first level technical support who try to help and then fail. They then pass me on to technical support and the call just drops or rings out.

I have reset the watch (factory) but still get error 14. Can you assist?

Message 172 of 306

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36667 Posts
  • 236 Topics
  • 1636 Solutions

@smileblack wrote:

I am also having the error 14 issue. I bought my watch from O2 and it worked when delivered. An Apple update then caused the mobile connection to fail. I tried to re-add it but ended up with two sync accounts. The watch connected to Sync 2 ok but I was told by customer service they could not cancel Sync 1 so I deleted the connection. 

I have had two calls to first level technical support who try to help and then fail. They then pass me on to technical support and the call just drops or rings out.

I have reset the watch (factory) but still get error 14. Can you assist?

Assuming your phone is at iOS 16.3, your watch at OS 9.3, then it is over to @O2Emma who is on this evening.

I have read that sometimes it is the physical SIM in the phone that needs replacing, and if so, it may be a few days unless you have an O2 Store nearby where you can pick up a physical SIM and initiate a SIM Swap from your MyO2 app Support menu, @smileblack - good luck!

Watch out for Emma's reply.

Message 173 of 306

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 174 of 306

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @smileblack I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 175 of 306

Janwwms
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @O2Emma 

I did get one of my Apple Watches back on track yesterday thanks to o2Sarah but the other connected fine and added a watch plan but later when I checked it the watch was back on the startup/setup screen. This meant that I had the oops message again. Please may you help me too?

many thanks

jan

Message 176 of 306

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@Janwwms I will send you a private message to look into it .

signature
Message 177 of 306

Richycooper2005
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma (or anyone else that can help). 

Afternoon. I’m new to these forums but thought I’d give this a go as I’m getting literally no joy out of O2 customer services. 

I seem to be experiencing the same issues as others on this thread and am desperate for help to get my watch working. 

In summary, I had an Apple Watch 5 purchased from O2 and have an active data plan which has been working fine. I recently purchased an Apple Watch ultra (not from O2) and having followed all the steps to set up my new watch am unable to connect the watch to my current data plan. Each time I try to activate the watch, error code 14 comes up. 

I’ve tried customer services who were unable to help. They’ve completed a form which has been escalated although from what I’ve read on here, I’m not holding my breath. Is there anyone on here who can help to get this issue sorted. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 178 of 306

GeddyP
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Emma

Hi Emma

I’m having the same issue as the other posters in that I can’t connect a data plan to my watch and getting error code 14. Getting no joy from speaking to customer services. 

Please could you look into this for me 

Thanks 

Message 179 of 306

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@GeddyP 

@O2Emma will be online in the afternoon so keep an eye out for a message from them later on today.

Message 180 of 306