Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Coverage

thewritealex
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm probably wasting my time but since it's impossible to speak with or message anybody at O2 these days, this seems like the only place to vent my frustration.

I've been with O2 since about 2001 and the coverage has, until now, been very good at my home location. Recently though, over the last 6 months it's got steadily worse, to the point where we're lucky to get 3G in the house. We've put in a lot of complaints and we always get stock answers about a problem with a mast they're aware of, or even, there is no problem you must be imagining it. There is a problem and quite simply because we're in the sticks and it's not affecting enough people, O2 simply won't deploy engineers to fix the issue.

The problem for O2 is that EE coverage, which used to be a joke in these parts, has massively improved, and improved to the extent that when my country contract expires next year I'll be migrating to them with the rest of my household. Quite simply, the level of service and the quality of service we're seeing from O2 is terrible. Which is a shame because as a past employee I know what their standards once were, and they are a long way short.

It's been a good run but apparently 2 decades of loyalty to a network gets you precisely nothing.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

So what does https://status.o2.co.uk/ say?

May be worth also downloading the My Network App where you can keep an eye on things, report faults and get updates.

Yes, O2 is struggling and is oversubscribed. The additional 3 million Virgin Media customers coming on board has not helped.

The reasons for these shortcomings are many and I won't go into them.

Using WiFi Calling at home should sort out your indoor call problems for now.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37263 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

Hope you found that somewhat cathartic, @Bra - service responses from any of the top-level mobile operators in the UK is a bit touch and go these days, tbh.

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Obviously EE is so expensive you couldn't afford a phone that did both upper and lower case letters!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

So you keep telling us @Bra and if honest EE is NOT the best network for me. So take yourself off somewhere else please!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Bra 

As I've said to you previously, it depends on location. In the areas that I frequent, EE is poor and I go for O2 and Three dual-SIM combinations. 👍

I would also suggest that what you want to use your signal for is important ; EE and Three very much see themselves as data networks whilst call quality tends to be superior on Vodaphone and O2. 😀

Message 6 of 6