Did you mean: 

Appalling network coverage and lack of o2 interest

Annoyed10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am sick and tired of trying to contact o2 about the shocking coverage. 
poor signal, no signal, phone says 5G, 4g or whatever but the phone doesn’t do anything, calls fail, cannot use internet. I’m missing vital communications for my job and o2 aren’t interested. I know they say they don’t have to provide a fault free service but some sort of decent service would be nice. 
I’ve been into an o2 shop, they’ve swopped my sim , no difference but they did tell me , o2 are fully aware of the poor network coverage but aren’t doing anything about it.

I’ve tried the online chat, that is ridiculous, they just close the chat and don’t resolve anything. I have managed to get through to speak to a human but each time I say I’d like to complain, I get cut off , how spooky is that. Next step is trading standards 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6630 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Good luck with Trading Standards.

Depending where you are O2 can suffer with congestion. Too many subscribers, too little bandwidth.

Fixing that is long term

Download the My Network App and report bad areas. Get other to do it too. More complaints from a given area might bump it up the list

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Annoyed10 

Trading Standards will do naff all about it. 

And o2 and no network cover every location, and issues with signal and bandwidth are not unique to o2, just look at any networks community...

You could always try and persuade your local community to pay for some masts to improve connectivity, I know some areas mainly rural have done this,  but you'd have to raise a lot of money or find a large company with big pockets to pay for it, and be able to provide the backhaul. 

The simple answer is to pay off your contract / device plan and move to another network,  where you may or may not get the same coverage, so make sure you get some sim cards to test coverage...

And o2 are doing things about coverage and backhaul, especially where VMB have POP's and can provide most dark fibre backhaul to the o2 switching centres, or by using microwave links and OpenRAN.. unfortunately this is a slow process due to regulatory processes, planning permission, and then procuring the infrastructure...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Bra wrote:

CANCEL DIRECT DEBIT

GET EE THE BEST UK NETWORK SIMPLES REALLY

O2 WILL CHASE FOR MONEY PAY THEM NOTHING.

RING UP CANCEL THEY WILL CLEAR ALL CHARGES FOR FREE, THEN BYE TO 02...!!!

Or end up @Bra with O2 selling the debt to a Debt Collection Agency ; and trashing the customer's credit score in the process. 👍  

Message 5 of 5