Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal Signal

madasaman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The signal I am getting is terrible H most of the time, yet coverage map puts my house firmly in 4g. I have registered this over a week ago and get the standard message that they are aware and engineers are working to sort it. Well I suggest they either get more engineers or better ones as nothing has changed. Lots of times I get the emergency calls only. Bloody fed up here.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147318 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28307 Solutions

@madasaman 

Many reasons why repairs can take time.

A google will explain it well enough.

As O2 are aware, you will have to wait for the fix.

Check status and get updates here O2 | Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

madasaman
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Signal still abysmal, over 2 weeks and counting. Engineers are still aware of the problem, but haven't fixed it. I do get regular messages telling me this, but not one telling me they've fixed it.

Message 3 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10737 Posts
  • 57 Topics
  • 3108 Solutions

@madasaman 

As you have been told it can take a while to fix a problem with a mast, such as waiting for parts, landlord access.. 

This isnt unique to o2, i know of an EE mast that took over 6months to fix, due to various issues.. 

Also read your terms and conditions that you read and signed, that say o2 dont guarantee coverage or a fault free network..

Why not enable WiFi Calling, that why you can still receive calls and depending on your phone texts as well.. unless you are a PAYG customer then they wont work..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 12

madasaman
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, it seems like you must not complain if you have a problem! OK, you will not see another post from me. Just going to change to another provider.

Message 5 of 12

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7179 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1594 Solutions

@madasaman 

If you are still around. 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 147318 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28307 Solutions

@madasaman 

Check the suitability of other networks by getting PAYG sim cards before committing to a contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 12

Pantsman-28
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just joined and after day 14 terrible service kicked in. Repair to mask will take 7 days apparently after reporting the problem. This wasn’t shown as an issue when I checked coverage. Feels like I am now locked into a 12 month service I can use. Not a great start. Where do I stand with paying for a service I can’t use?

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 147318 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28307 Solutions

@Pantsman-28 

After 14 days you are stuck with it unless there are extenuating circumstances, such as a complete mast removal or failure to repair after a reasonable amount of time.

Message 9 of 12

Pantsman-28
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was looking at porting over the 2 other accounts not now. The only option is to the ombudsman for failing to supply a service if it continues past the a reasonable amount of time. 

Message 10 of 12