Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN settings for Poco X3 Pro?

Colin16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm new to O2 having just moved from Sky Mobile which always got an excellent signal in all of my usual haunts. Sky of course use the O2 network so I'd expect similar if not better reception?

However, I have no signal at all in some places and very poor download speeds seemingly everywhere. I'm guessing this is an APN configuration issue? Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147650 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28345 Solutions

@Colin16 

Resetting your network settings should load the O2 apn or manual settings are here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Colin16
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That didn't help I'm afraid. I'm still getting between 1 and 3Mbps download and 6 to 13Mbps upload. I'm at home where I do get full bars but I'm working so I can't check other locations right now.

Message 3 of 6

Colin16
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ahh, perhaps I should have worn my glasses to do this 🤔

The first time the phone didn't use the new APN settings and was still on default. I then noticed that I'd missed the 8080 port setting entirely anyway. I'm up to 8 up & 11 download indoors so I'll check tomorrow in my other haunts.

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147650 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28345 Solutions

Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Colin16
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sadly didn't help as I still have very poor signal and data download speeds. Strangely the phone reverted back to the default APN at some point all by itself, no restart involved.

Do O2 techies reply here or is it just a customer forum?

Message 6 of 6