Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling changed? Now needs mobile signal 1st

bbz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm back underground where there is no coverage (been a while). This time wifi calling won't establish.

If I go back to where there is coverage then fairly quickly (no idea how quick this needs to be) go back under and connect to wifi then wifi calling establishes. Great, but very inconvenient.

I noticed in this that I'd attached to the wrong wifi, there is a second one for O2 which adds NAT as wifi calling required it, I am attached to the proper internet with no NAT now and it is working. Seems O2 have changed something and made that better (I assume, the iphone has had an IOS update since my last visit here). Thank you.

The next morning I found wifi calling no longer working, it had dropped off overnight. Back on top again to get some signal then back under and it's working. So there is a down side to the changes.

I've no idea what O2 have changed or why but this sucks, I can't safely remain out of coverage it seems without getting disconnected. As we rely on this for safety it's a problem (would be easier if they got around to making SMS over wifi work, it's been years since they took that away with the removal of TuGo)

Anyone know what they'ev changed?

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0