Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrades

i took out a iphone contract in december 2008 for 18 months.in march 2009 they offered me a upgrade.i informed them that i had just upgraded and they said we will give you a £100 of your next bill.this never happened.i have been trying to upgrade and was told i did not take out my contract until march 2009.i contacted customer support.or lack of support.every time you ring you get someone different and nothing gets done.i thought i had cracked it when i went into carphone warehouse,and we finally got it sorted.i picked my phone we filled in the paperwork ,rang o2 to confirm and surprise you cannot upgrade with them until mid may.after 20 odd years with o2 and having 3 accounts this is how they treat you.has anyone had the same problems.
Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrades

Just ask customer support to go through your previous bills and they will see you never received the upgrade credit, if its not on any of your bills then they'll cancel that upgrade. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrades

Doormaster, Same here I have been with 02 for well over 15 years when the were genie etc..cellnet... my contract finishes begining of June and will be leaving them for good. I have tried to update my phone with them and they will not let me stay on the same cotract and to change over to less text and minutes for more money!! They can forget it and will go to Tesco where they have 12 month contracts or eith Car phone warehouse as they appear to be pretty fare... So buy buy 02
Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrades

Loopylou, so far I have read three different threads where you claim to have the same problem as the OP. You can't have three different problems!
Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrades

prking I certainly do have a number of issues with 02. However still leaving them as no loyalty whatsoever.
Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrades

have you tried getting any sense out of customer services.they checked my complaint and all agreed that there was no upgrade in march,but they all said they could not alter the system.i replied you have already altered it but alas they said they couldnt.i then asked for customer complaints and they said "we dont have one " i was then told to go back to carphone warehouse and get them to contact dealer support who will sort it,so i did.success,we thought so until they decided after the paperwork was nearly done o2 struck again and said you cant upgrade until the middle of may unless you do it with us.i give up.
Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrades

I believe its a different call centre for Carphone Warehouse customers.
Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrades

I believe its a different call centre for Carphone Warehouse customers.

Completely different company, customer service, call center, processes, terms etc. O2 is literally just the network they are using.
Highlighted
Anonymous

upgrades

Not often you are wrong, but I'm afraid you are this time. Smiley Very Happy

CPW do have dedicated teams that answer the phone "welcome to o2", but it is actually CPW.