Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

unlocking phone

Hi

Does anyone know about unlocking my phone - I have requested for it t be unlocked but I have now upgraded my phone and sim.  Will it still be unlocked if it is no longer in use??

Many thanks 

Topics: 549
Solutions: 3,443

Re: unlocking phone

Yes it will if you had a o2 sim in it whjen requesting the unlock. Free on contract £15 pay and go. If not an iphone you should receive an email with the code. If iphone you won't get a code. Either way you need to insert a sim from another network, not an MVNO.

Anonymous

thank u!!!

Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,621

Some info here but you will be fine http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

Good luck, hope you get it done quickly.

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

[ Edited ]

Hi,

sorry to pull up an old thread, thought it might be of use to others wanting to check the full procedure

I asked O2 to unlock both my and my mum's iPhone, via the website chat, unfortunately, I do not have the chat record, so have forgotten the process.... Smiley Indifferent

from what I remember, it will take uptp 72 hrs? and then I think he said I will get a msg? at which point I turn off phone, insert a sim from another network, say vodafone, turn it on, wait for it to connect, turn it off, reinsert o2 sim, turn it back on and it should be unlocked?

is that correct?

Level 1: Joiner

speak of the devil, not long after posting, sms fro o2 lol

put in sim from another provider, connect to iTunes

With the latest iPhones you don't need to hook up to iTunes. Times seem to vary depending how busy they are to be honest.