cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

txt from 02 re: upgrade & Lumia free wireless bundle offer questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

My upgrade isn't due to August but got a text today from o2 saying

'Guess what? You don't need to wait to upgrade to the latest phone.You can do it now. Even better, theres an exclusive offer coming your way. We'll call you soon'

Has anyone else had this txt?  My question is, is this 'offer' just telling me you can upgrade now using refresh and we'll save you 25% off the cost?  or is it actually a special offer?

Also, i'm looking to get the nokia lumia 930 and the free wireless bundle, but when i choose the phone it says 'Free gift. Free accessories leaflet' 

Is this actually a free leaflet i'm getting? lol or is it for the free accessories? 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry. In my last post I meant to say *at least £100 cash back*.. I got £154 for my Nexus 5 which is about what I could have sold it for, as it had a few bumps on it..
Message 11 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Brilliant and such a shame that O2 can't/won't match the offers of their competition in the high street. Refresh deals are the only thing they have going for them but, like you, I always buy sim free even though I tend to keep a phone for 1-2 years.

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I'd been able to upgrade in the o2 store, it would have cost me £146 in early upgrade fees, plus £9.99 for the handset on the tariff I wanted..

I'm actually very glad that o2's system wasn't working properly as I would never have gone into CPW otherwise!
Message 13 of 19

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sure did slight_smile

Good luck to anyone else going into store to upgrade. My advice (sorry o2) would be to take your old phone and go to CPW instead, unless you've got your heart set on going on to a Refresh tariff..
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I tried customer services on Friday. I was told they couldn't see anything listed about any type of offers on my account. 

So i went online and ordered an upgrade.

Today i recieved a call from the same number as the missed call on friday. The guy who rang me said he was ringing to see if he can offer me a special deal on an upgrade with o2. Once I went through security questions, he see's i placed an order already and asked if one of his colleagues was already speaking to me on Friday or Saturday? I told him what happened and that when i contacted them on Friday they told me they couldn't see anything on my account,  he then completely changed his story and said 'Yeah - Their is no deal. The special offer I was ringing about was to tell you that you could upgrade'

Why the hell ring and txt me to make them feel like a 'special' customer and in the end up - only succeed to make me feel irate! I'm really in 2 minds to refuse the delivery of the upgrade and go elsewhere.  

Message 16 of 19

MI5
  • 144162 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Still sounds like a scam to me from a company trying to get you to upgrade. They've changed their tune now because you have already upgraded 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was defintely o2, it was the 08452930018 number. He came on really enthusiastic that i was going to be loving this by the end of the call, and then it was pretty laughable when i asked him what are the the special offers and he told me they don't have any. He knew he was lying, i knew he was lying and i'd even say he knew i knew! 

It's a pity the people at o2 can't get it together. I'd have preferred him to have looked at my account BEFORE he calls and then NOT ring me and i'd be none the wiser. 

Message 18 of 19

MI5
  • 144162 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
True, it's a poor show really....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 19