cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

txt from 02 re: upgrade & Lumia free wireless bundle offer questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

My upgrade isn't due to August but got a text today from o2 saying

'Guess what? You don't need to wait to upgrade to the latest phone.You can do it now. Even better, theres an exclusive offer coming your way. We'll call you soon'

Has anyone else had this txt?  My question is, is this 'offer' just telling me you can upgrade now using refresh and we'll save you 25% off the cost?  or is it actually a special offer?

Also, i'm looking to get the nokia lumia 930 and the free wireless bundle, but when i choose the phone it says 'Free gift. Free accessories leaflet' 

Is this actually a free leaflet i'm getting? lol or is it for the free accessories? 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's not unusual for some special offers to "selected" customers esp when a new phone is launched.
You get a leaflet advising you on how to get the freebies as detailed here by Chris_K http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Nokia-Lumia-930-The-day-is-upon-us/m-p/700685#U700685
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It's nice to see some communication from O2 regarding this awesome offer.

I would suggest upgrading in-store as this way you'll walk out with your nice new shiny phone ,and be able to speak to the salesperson to clarify any questions.

Or ring Cs on 202

Enjoy.
Message 3 of 19

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Free accessory leaflet... bargain!Crazy LOL

I would give them a call definitely to clarify.

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded to the Lumia 930 yesterday at Carphonewarehouse (I originally tried to do it at the o2 store but their systems didn't even show the Lumia 930.. Fail). The leaflet just contains the information on how to claim the bundle (wireless charger, wireless speaker, £20 app voucher). You go to lumia930offer.co.uk and enter the phone imei to claim the goodies. Mine are on their way. Oh, and because I upgraded through Carphonewarehouse I was able to get the orange handset, plus its unlocked.. I also got the same 25% discount on my remaining line rental, although I wasn't able to upgrade to a Refresh tariff (not a problem for me as I tend to change my phone every few months anyway by buying sim free).
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sound like thumbs up all way round slight_smile
Message 6 of 19

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, I'm over the moon with the phone. I've been following its progress since it was announced. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Windows Mobile and the 930 can finally cut it with the big boys slight_smile
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Love to see a mini review if you get the time after using it. No pressure of course.
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks jonsie - when the o2 store wouldn't let me upgrade (even though they had the phone there on the desk in front of me) I was a bit annoyed. Luckily CPW was literally just opposite so I popped in there. I came out on the same price tariff (albeit not a refresh tariff), with the orange handset.

Oh, its also worth mentioning that CPW will offer £100 cash back if you trade in an old phone. So long as the phone works, and shows on their system as being worth at least £1. I gave them my battered Nexus 5 and came out of the shop £7 better off than when I went in, with a shiny new Lumia. Needless to say that this offer is a million times better than what the o2 store could do..
Message 10 of 19