Did you mean: 

Did they downgrade me?

Worm3rd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hiya. Everyone’s favourite American pretending to sound British here

ive asked a number of questions on here due to my unique situation of being American with a British girlfriend.  That’s why I have a dedicated phone using o2

so recently I had asked about getting 5g. I was told on here that since I started as pay as you go and later through the app updated to rollover that I’d need a new simm for that and can keep the same number.  That’s all good but I’ve not had a trip over there to do that yet. 

in the mean time. I just logged in to make sure my number is in good standing. But according to the app. It looks like I’ve been downgraded back to pay as you go

just curious if that’s a thing?  To auto downgrade you?

second. At this point I’m thinking I’ll just wait until September when I’m there next to upgrade simm to a rollover and then I’ll have my 5g. Is that the best course of action for me?  As long as I can keep my current number. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146859 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions

@Worm3rd 

If you haven't got a continuous payment authority set up you can't have a rolling plan, however, you will never get 5g on O2 PAYG. You would need the sister network, giffgaff for that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146859 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28260 Solutions

@Worm3rd 

If you haven't got a continuous payment authority set up you can't have a rolling plan, however, you will never get 5g on O2 PAYG. You would need the sister network, giffgaff for that.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2