cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading my phone through o2 website. what is the process to keep my phone number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm presuming this is all done for me, by o2, and i dont have to worry - but i can't find any information and i like information!

i'm about to click to complete my upgrade. this means a new phone (from Galaxy s3 to HTC one m8) and a new tariff. The website states that my phone will arrive by Tuesday and the Sim a few days later.

so, my question: when does my new sim take over my current Phone Number? do i have to call o2 to say 'i''ve got my Sim, transfer me now'.

or does it happen when i put the sim in the new phone?

i believe the HTC m8 is a nano sim and the Galaxy s3 is a micro sim so they should be sending me a new sim.

cheers, all slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If ones original sim is the same size that will fit into a new upgrade phone all you do is insert it.

As your original is a micro sim and the new phone takes a nano sim you will need to perform the sim swap via http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ ,when you have the phone and correct sized sim. This moves your mobile number and tariff across from the old sim to the new one.

Takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours to settle. Turning the phone off and on helps the reset.

You know when the process has started as the old sim loses signal.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If ones original sim is the same size that will fit into a new upgrade phone all you do is insert it.

As your original is a micro sim and the new phone takes a nano sim you will need to perform the sim swap via http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/ ,when you have the phone and correct sized sim. This moves your mobile number and tariff across from the old sim to the new one.

Takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours to settle. Turning the phone off and on helps the reset.

You know when the process has started as the old sim loses signal.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
as always, i get a quick and extremely detailed response to any of my queries here.
this is why a love this community forum grin

thanks for your help! i've now placed my order
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy to help slight_smile

My colleague at work has the phone you've chosen

Awesome device.
Message 4 of 5

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Exactly what was said here. I went from a 3G to a 4G phone and couldn't understand why I wasn't getting 4G. I needed to put the new sim in the phone.....
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 5 of 5