Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for upgrade and I’ve been told I need to contact credit risk team

alliecat44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently SIM only and applied for an upgrade to add a device too. I paid for next working day delivery, and it has been taken out of my bank.

However, upon completing all of the steps including credit checks and confirming how long I’ve lived at my address, it came up with a message saying that they need to ask me a few questions about my application and to contact the credit risk team. I’m a little bit confused as I already passed credit checks a few months ago when I signed up to the SIM only plan. 

it’s currently Saturday evening and I will give them a call when they open at 10 tomorrow. Just wanting someone to shed a little light on this situation as I’ve already paid for next working day delivery 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@alliecat44 

It will be for identity and affordability checks.

Standard routine these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

alliecat44
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

-

Message 3 of 5

alliecat44
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! Do you know what this usually consists of? I was hoping to have my phone by Monday as I’m out of the city for a few days from Tuesday!

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@alliecat44 

It's income and out goings to check you meet the lending criteria.

If they are happy they should approve it immediately and release your order.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5