cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i request a refund for no network service?

TashH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The 02 mast near me has been down since Saturday and the status checker says 29th Feb for an update. Can I claim a refund for my contract as I can't actually use what I'm paying for? Thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@TashH 

When service is restored, call and ask for a goodwill gesture.

If you ask nicely you might get lucky wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@TashH 

Nope, as per the terms and conditions which I assume your read before just blindly signing.. There is no 100% coverage guarantee, and  no service uptime levels, either and faults do happen.  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@TashH 

When service is restored, call and ask for a goodwill gesture.

If you ask nicely you might get lucky wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@TashH You can speak to customer service to see if they would offer you a goodwill gesture because of the lack of service. The worst they can say is no, and it's luck of the draw as to whether you will get a sympathetic representative who takes your call or not. You also have to weigh up the time you will most likely spend on hold waiting to speak to someone with probably being offered a pittance. Not very encouraging and probably not what you wanted to hear, but unfortunately that's O2 these days.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5751 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@TashH 

In addition to the advice you have been given about how to request an ex-gratia compensatory payment, I think that it is constructive if you can articulate information about your losses caused by the network deficiencies.

For example, you might want to say that the problems caused you to have to pay £xx for PAYG credit on other networks and that you have receipts to evidence this.     

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144427 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Either way you're probably only going to get offered £10

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5751 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Either way you're probably only going to get offered £10

Maybe, maybe not @MI5, but the only way that @TashH will get more than £10 is by asking and by articulating the losses as clearly as possible. 👍 

Message 7 of 11

TashH
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for being helpful. No I didn't just blindly sign, just curious as to whether anyone has had any success with challenging it

Message 8 of 11

TashH
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I will put something together. I missed the offer of a cancellation for a medical procedure which is what's made me question it

Message 9 of 11

TashH
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks

Message 10 of 11