cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble cancelling

Anonymous
Not applicable

back in November my contract was due to end and I decided I did not want to renew so I went online and after about an hour of 02 trying to get me to have a new contract actually got it that I didn't want to stay with them. I asked for the puk code too so I could keep my number for the new phone I wanted with  a better deal. I received the code and a couple days later contacted the new provider with the puk code. Had a confirmation email. It wasn't until today I received an email telling me my bill was ready. I checked it was for the account I cancelled in November. I went online chat and asked them to deal with it and asked for the chat from the last adviser showing I had cancelled the account and at the same time asking for the code. What a nightmare, they are saying the account wasn't cancelled and is still active. I asked them to check the older advisers conversation which they said they has and when I asked for a copy they would not send it to me. I'm sure these advisers don't know what they are doing because they are saying I have to give another 30 days notice.. Not sure what else to do to get through that the account was ended and should not exsist anymore?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149509 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I done the code to the new provider had confirmation they was dealing with it. This was about two days later. I was told that I would get a bill I'm December this was the 30 days notice time. The number for my new phone is still the new number what it came with so the olds number from the old account hasn't changed over but I can't understand when I ended my contract and then when that was complete I asked for the code.

Its because you didn't cancel. You asked for the wrong code.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry its the code that I can keep my number..I am not very good with technology
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Louise

please confirm. Did you request a PUK or PAC code as per above.
Message 13 of 21

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You need to name and shame your new network, a PUK code is all numeric, a PAC isn't, they should have informed you about this immediately. Unbelievably bad customer service from whomever they are!

A PAC number transfer takes less than a working week. If you request a PAC from o2 note you should still be able to transfer your number/cancel your o2 contact.
Message 14 of 21

MI5
  • 149509 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
It would appear that either you had the wrong code or the correct code didn't work. This is why your number hasn't moved to your new phone. You only chance now is to speak to O2 and explain the problem. If they can see that you haven't used your old contract since November they may just cancel it off for you but you should call and speak to CS and NOT use live chat.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 21

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

If the code had the format xxxnnnnnn where x is letters and n is a number then it was a PAC code. If the wrong code had been given the receiving network really should have picked up on this. Although so should you really when the transfer didn't complete

You are probably going to have to contact both O2 and your receiving network to find out what went wrong and whose fault it was. If it was one of the networks fault, the network at fault should put this right. If it was your fault you may have to meet the bills that have been generated in the meantime, request a new PAC code and port out again

Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pac code
Message 17 of 21

MI5
  • 149509 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Follow the advice given above and fingers crossed it can be sorted out for you.
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like you may have given your new network the wrong code.
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you not question why your number didn't transfer across?
Message 20 of 21