cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swapmysim & pay & go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks, recently i got a new contract phone, i have always been pay & go before. Naturally i wanted my old number so did a swapmysim successfully. However one small problem remains and o2 just cant figure it out. I have had 2 o2 customer service agents close chat because they cant figure it out. Not only is this rude but i expect a little more help. Now i have been very polite as always, and very patient. However im getting very frustrated now at the lack of help.

The problem....

Most of my family are on o2 pay & go Unlimited. They top up £15 when they should and get free text and calls to all o2 mobile numbers except mine. Why? Whats the problem? o2 cant figure it out. Ronald on chat said he fixed it, but i had my brother text and call me and it was not fixed. Ronald seemed to change his attitude toward me when i told him this. He was not happy and cut off chat. Again i was very polite when chatting.

o2 have already refunded my family as they were charging them for texting and calling me but the problem remains. (My family have already spoken to o2 and o2 said the problem is definately with me and not them).

I really expect more help than this and as a long time faithful, loyal o2 customer is it wrong to demand more help?

Can someone with more knowledge than those at o2 please help me and not cut me off!

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update: O2 unlimited customers still getting charged to text and call me. 😞
Message 11 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
O2 unlimited customers shouldn't get charged for calling or texting anyone.... Are you sure the charges are relating to your number?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah they are 😞
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Surely it doesn't take this long to sort out? It's very frustrating.
Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
No, it should be working by now but I can't figure out why anyone on an unlimited tariff is getting any charges at all let alone for just calling your number ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turns out as my number came from Pay & Go to contract it was shown on the Pay & Go system as expired. After changing the setting there everything is now working properly.

As much as i appreciate the help i do believe some o2 customer service representatives need to be more clued up. Seemed to me on the phone that some just didnt give a damn. Finally i got one person who was happy and very willing to help and took him 30 seconds to sort.

Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 144513 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions
Yes, that's how it should be done......

Currently using:
Message 17 of 17