cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

swapmysim & pay & go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks, recently i got a new contract phone, i have always been pay & go before. Naturally i wanted my old number so did a swapmysim successfully. However one small problem remains and o2 just cant figure it out. I have had 2 o2 customer service agents close chat because they cant figure it out. Not only is this rude but i expect a little more help. Now i have been very polite as always, and very patient. However im getting very frustrated now at the lack of help.

The problem....

Most of my family are on o2 pay & go Unlimited. They top up £15 when they should and get free text and calls to all o2 mobile numbers except mine. Why? Whats the problem? o2 cant figure it out. Ronald on chat said he fixed it, but i had my brother text and call me and it was not fixed. Ronald seemed to change his attitude toward me when i told him this. He was not happy and cut off chat. Again i was very polite when chatting.

o2 have already refunded my family as they were charging them for texting and calling me but the problem remains. (My family have already spoken to o2 and o2 said the problem is definately with me and not them).

I really expect more help than this and as a long time faithful, loyal o2 customer is it wrong to demand more help?

Can someone with more knowledge than those at o2 please help me and not cut me off!

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turns out as my number came from Pay & Go to contract it was shown on the Pay & Go system as expired. After changing the setting there everything is now working properly.

As much as i appreciate the help i do believe some o2 customer service representatives need to be more clued up. Seemed to me on the phone that some just didnt give a damn. Finally i got one person who was happy and very willing to help and took him 30 seconds to sort.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi have you tried phoning customer services live chat is known to be useless
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not tried phoning them yet, i will do it tomorrow morning. I guess you are right about the online chat thing sadly. Thanks for reply slight_smile

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome do let us know how you get on unfortunately live chat is outsourced and most of the advisors don't have a clue I'm sure a call to cs will soon sort it out for you slight_smile
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will post as soon as i get success with them. Hopefully it could help others in the future with the same problem. Thx slight_smile

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes hopefully that's what we are all about here helping each other slight_smile
Message 6 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How long ago did you change to contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It can take a couple of days for your number to rergister on O2's systems when changing platforms.

Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to everyone here for help/tips/advice. I called the o2 customer services and shall tell you my experience slight_smile

When i called i had someone from the contract department say my account looked fine, but they had to put me through to the pay & go department because there was a problem on their end. This was fine with me so after waiting 5 minutes listening to the music i got through and had to explain my situation AGAIN, only for pay & go department to tell me they had no right putting me through to them. Really?! Anyway they put me back in the queue to the contract department.

After explaining myself yet AGAIN for the 3rd time i was told by an honest person that they were not sure of the problem but would investigate further. They were going to put me through to pay & go again but i just plain refused. No chance! So i complained. I didnt want to but i had to. It was rediculous by now. So the polite customer service representative rang through to the pay & go department herself and was told (get ready for a laugh) that all people on pay & go unlimited had to remove the unlimited and go on something else. REALLY!! Are you serious!!! I couldnt believe it! I told the lady that must be a joke and that even i knew that was wrong. She also agreed it was crazy. So she rang in hopes of getting someone else. By this time i came here to find 2 interesting posts that i need to wait several days for my number to register properly. So i told the lady on the phone this and she told me she had just been told the same thing.

So in order to fix the problem we just need a little patience for the o2 systems to sort themselves but you need a hell of a lot of patience when dealing with o2 themselves!

Thanks to the community for the help. In future this is my 1st stop when i need help. I hope this will help others in the future.

/respect

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've known it take upto a week for the systems to catch up, hence the question earlier... but I would have thought CS could have told you that before !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 17