Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

spain

i am going to lanzarote on wednesday and i want to text my boyfriend i have an o2 contract and have unlimited o2 to o2 texts as my boyfriend is on o2 also.. will it cost me to text him?
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: spain

see here http://www.o2.co.uk/international/ even though you both maybe on o2 once you leave the uk it may cost.
when did your start your contract? did it have limited or unlimited texts ?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

If you buy the Spain bolt on for £5 before you go your boyfriend can call you and speak to you and it will be a normal cal for him (as it is anyway) and the bolt on allows you to receive the call for free and you can call him for 25p min.
Highlighted
Anonymous

my contract started in january and i have unlimited text and 300 mins and also unlimited texts and calls to anyone on o2
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

then you will be charged for all texts sent and all calls received and made on holiday.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

I went to Barcelona back in August, and made some calls back to UK, I think I had My Europe/ITS at the time (not sure if that still exists now!) Anyways, 24 minutes worth of calls cost me about £8. So if you are going to call him, think which works out best cost wise. The above post about Spain Bolt-on could be suitable.
I also sent 41 text messages to UK mobile number whilst I was there, and I didn't get charged for any of them. My O2 bill showed "Roaming text messages EU" but none were charged for. I assume this is due to it being part of my 1000 text message allowance to UK mobiles.
I would strongly suggest to call O2 to clarify, and to determine your options as my circumstances might have been different to yours, and as we know things do change.
An alternative: if you both have a typical smartphone, and you have WiFi where you are staying, is to use an application like Whatsapp but only allow it to connect by WiFi. You will of course want to be very careful about this as you don't want to be charged for Data Roaming! I used it whilst I was over in Barca with no problems.
Enjoy your holiday Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

You'll pay 11p/text in EU based on the plan you're on.