cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sickened by o2 retentions last night

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys 

I spoke to o2 retentions last night to do my upgrade by paying off teh remainder of my refresh and taking a deal with teh Galaxy alpha that was offered to me last week, only to be told by the jumped up twit that he would not offer me the deal that i was offered last week because i have not been an o2 customer long enough to be allowed said deal, was told that o2 had no budget to offer me a discount and this was what sickened me as a customer... he said that I have no loyalty to o2 and that i am not a loyal customer... so i am not loyal by handing over £300 to pay my refresh off, take a new handset, im not loyal by paying my bills not only on time each and every month BUT on teh day my bill is actually produced...

this has sickened me as an o2 customer and no seriously thinking about going back to vodafone

this was appaling customer service by retentions and this was all done with Mike in the retentions team at Crestonbrook... 

Jay 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

they refered me to speak to CS i think that was a ploy to remove me from the store before people asked questions or something 

Message 11 of 23

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Not on one of their phones I'm guessing

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

nope off my mobile.... 

Message 13 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah, probably wanted you out, any time I've needed cs in store they connect me on their phones and let you sit in the "comfy" chairs lol
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was shooed out!!! its just crappy service and no one seems to want to say sorry or anything! 

Message 15 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Try calling retentions again and as well as loyalty tell them about the shocking service you've received the last few days.
Message 16 of 23

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

@Anonymous I find the service in the O2 stores to be subjective to how gullible and stupid they think you are. In a way, I suppose I wind them up to an extent by acting a little clueless; it's a good way to gauge whether they are going malecowmess you or not.

One time, I went into the local O2 store where I live the girl proceeded to tell me that a Galaxy S4 Mini was more or less the same thing except in a more compact size (same hardware, screen resolution etc.). I politely said I would look into it. 

Another time, I got an irate lecture about not reading my contract properly (it's his job to clarify things like this to me). Arrogance may been seen as a sign of confidence however when used in such a off-hand way, it begs the question "how the hell are you still serving people?".

Needless to say, I only use the o2 website for orders and the store for collection or picking up sims.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so here is an update the said person is called Mike, however the managers name he has given me is a lie ob his part and o2 do not hold a retentions center in Prestonbrook its Dearn valley so the o2 operator called Mike is just an out right Lie, this has now gone formall and the CS advisor is so upset by his behavior she has escalleted this, requested a call pull and been a credit to her company! I hate saying this but I hope the advisor called Mike gets a brown envolope containing a P45!!! 

Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

@Anonymous I find the service in the O2 stores to be subjective to how gullible and stupid they think you are. In a way, I suppose I wind them up to an extent by acting a little clueless; it's a good way to gauge whether they are going malecowmess you or not.

"malecowmess" ?    LOL   Great!   "Bovine scatology" is another way of putting it!

That's what I love about this Community - there's hardly a thread you don't learn something in!!!

Gerry

Message 19 of 23

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Generally all the service i've had with O2 has been excellent and great service. However I agree that they can't do a think to keep current customers. I asked them to match a Vodafone deal which involved knocking off £70 of the intial phone cost and £7pm, they said no but that was understandable. So said forget the initial phone cost as I am happy to pay the full price but can they knock me £7 off to match the PM cost, they said no. I told them about the Vodafone deal and they said I should go for that. 

They were perfectly nice and respectful throughout. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 20 of 23