Did you mean: 

refresh

Guevara
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone, 

I am new to the o2 community. Today I purchased a oneplus 5t in an o2 store on a 24 month refresh contract. The sales team were very helpful. Although it worked out very slightly more exspensive to purchase the phone in this deal, the massive discount they were offering on the airtime plan was my reason for going ahead with the contract.

The salesman told me that he would apply the discount via  text after the contract for the full price of the airtime was complete. Is this the usual way discount is applied? I am just left a bit worried that I am sat here with a contract that doesn't mention the discount that was promised in the shop.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Bambino is correct, a typo it was and it will show on your first bill which will incidentally arrive in a few days time and payment date 14 day's later. 

Message 11 of 23

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I now have my first bill, no sign of any discount bolt on. Why would there be a delay in it appearing?
Message 12 of 23

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
The bolt on will show up after a few days. The first bill is too early for it to appear as you get that immediately so a few days are required to get everything updated and aligned.
You can always call customer service if you need anything checking on your actual account which we can’t check here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 23

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay good news. My bolt on has arrived although it hasn't taken any money off the bill. Any reason for this?
Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

The tariff shown in your MyO2 will always show the full amount but when you get your next bill, the discount will be applied. It won’t be applied retrospectively  to your previous bill though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 23

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Interesting, does this mean I will lose out getting my first month's discount? Or will next month's discount be doubled? I seem to remember the salesperson at the o2 store say something to that effect.
Message 16 of 23

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
No as I said above, you don’t get it on first bill and it’s generated immediately so you miss out on that month completely.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 23

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for clearing that up. Just one final thing. If I decide to pay off my device plan early, will my discount still continue on the airtime plan? Until the end of the 24 months if I decide to keep it going?
Message 18 of 23

MI5
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Yes it will remain for the full term on the airtime.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 23

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay you guys have been great. Thank you all for taking the time to help me.
Message 20 of 23