Did you mean: 

refresh

Guevara
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone, 

I am new to the o2 community. Today I purchased a oneplus 5t in an o2 store on a 24 month refresh contract. The sales team were very helpful. Although it worked out very slightly more exspensive to purchase the phone in this deal, the massive discount they were offering on the airtime plan was my reason for going ahead with the contract.

The salesman told me that he would apply the discount via  text after the contract for the full price of the airtime was complete. Is this the usual way discount is applied? I am just left a bit worried that I am sat here with a contract that doesn't mention the discount that was promised in the shop.

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes it’s normal.
We have a help guide here to explain
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes it’s normal.
We have a help guide here to explain
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Where-is-my-discount-or-Extra-Data/bc-p/1075494
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay so this discount I have been promised will appear very soon in the bolt on section, long before my bill appears?

Also if I pay off my device early am I then free to change to another tariff if I wish.

Message 4 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Guevara Yes, if you pay off your device early you can cancel your air time with 30 days notice and no further charge. You would then be free to take a sim only lower tariff if that would suit your needs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 23

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Bambino
Thanks, just making sure. The salesperson in the o2 shop did specify this but I just wanted to be clear.

I guess I'm just worried that the promise of the discount on my tariff was just to get me to sign up and that I won't actually get any discount.
Message 6 of 23

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Don't worry. Your discount will show in My O2 in the way  as described in the previous posts. Pay off the device, then give 30 days notice on the airtime and you free to either leave O2 or take out a sim only contract or leave O2.You also have the option of changing to PAYG if you wish.

Message 7 of 23

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you all for your support. It is much appreciated. Just seems strange that the discount for the airtime is not written into the contract. Can anyone explain why this is?
Also jonsie, you say 39 days notice to end the airtime contract and Bambino says 30 days.
Message 8 of 23

Guevara
  • 39 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also the discount is not showing up in the bolt on's.
Message 9 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Although he knows much more of the working of O2 than I do, I think jonsie's 39 is a typo. I'm reasonably certain it's 30.:smileywink:

Edit: I think your discount will show up on your first bill.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 23