Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Change your mind"

cmor84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had a new iPhone 13 for just over a week.   I have been having buyers remorse that perhaps I should have ordered one with more storage.    I am waiting a return postage bag to send it back.   I have used the phone for a short time very carefully, in a case, no scratches on the screen.   In the small print it says that everything it came with must be returned etc.   I have everything except the small information booklet, which I think I threw away.   Is this likely to be an issue?   Also, am I expected to return the sim card supplied with it?   I'd like to just put it into my old phone whilst I exchange.    If anyone has any experience or advice, it would be appreciated.   Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cmor84 

Don't worry about the leaflet. Also you should keep the sim card and use that in your spare phone. You can use that in the new one when it comes.

Just make sure you have done a factory reset on the phone you are returning. You don't want anyone having access to your data.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cmor84 

Don't worry about the leaflet. Also you should keep the sim card and use that in your spare phone. You can use that in the new one when it comes.

Just make sure you have done a factory reset on the phone you are returning. You don't want anyone having access to your data.

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@cmor84 Make sure you take detailed pictures of the phone before you send it back. Front, back, sides....everywhere. We've seen posts like this before. Just sayin'....

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@cmor84 

How do I prepare my device for return?

1. Turn off any passcodes and remove any security software or other protections that would prevent us from using it. If your device is locked when you return it we’ll have to charge you the full cost of your replacement and/or not process a refund.
  2. Include your proof of purchase.
  3. Include all of the original parts.
  4. Include all accessories, other bundled items or free gifts.
  5. Return in the original packaging, where possible.
  6. Postal returns – look for your free returns label included in your packaging (or we can send you a new one). Then attach the label to your packaged device. For extra safety, we suggest upgrading the pre-paid postage to Special Delivery with insurance (around £7). This is optional, of course.

How do I turn Find My iPhone off?

You can do this on your phone or from a computer.

Apple has all the information you need. Follow their steps.

If your device is locked when you return it we’ll have to charge you the full cost of your replacement and/or not process a refund.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

cmor84
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for these answers everyone.   I'll be sure to reset to factory settings.  Not sure what this "we will charge you full cost of replacement is about".   If they reject the handset for any reason, surely I can have it sent back to me?

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cmor84 wrote:

Thanks for these answers everyone.   I'll be sure to reset to factory settings.  Not sure what this "we will charge you full cost of replacement is about".   If they reject the handset for any reason, surely I can have it sent back to me?

That's only in relation to the phone being locked @cmor84. As O2 have been selling unlocked phones since 2018, it wouldn't apply to you.

As I said, best of luck, take the sim out and use settings on the phone to reset to factory settings. 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@cmor84 wrote:

It's if you don't log out of find my iphone @cmor84 as this makes it completely useless.

I guess you would have the option of having the device returned to you in this case.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

cmor84
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got the jiffy bag, just trying to book the return in with Royal Mail....     It is asking for a "returns reference number".    The tooltip text tells me I can find this at O2.co.uk/   I haven't a clue where to get it.   Is this the ms order number my jiffy bag was sent out under?

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Yes, that will work OK @cmor84 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

cmor84
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much to you and everyone else who has helped me so quickly.   It was a lot less painful than sitting in a call queue.

Message 10 of 10