Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orders

Mari
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have recently received emails from you telling me that you are sending me an "order".

I have not ordered anything from o2.  My only recent contact was with one of your representatives who phoned to ask if I wanted to update my contract, have a new phone etc.

As I explained to him, I am happy with my old fashioned phone, which only makes calls and receives text.  However, I did agree to update my contract to ------ UNLIMITED TEXT, 500 MINUTES PHONE CALLS AND A SMALL AMOUNT OF MEMORY STORAGE, WHICH I WON'T USE, AS MY PHONE DOES NOT HAVE THAT FACILITY.  HE SAID THIS WOULD NOW COST ME JUST OVER £7 PER MONTH.

Can you please clarify why you are sending me something, please use normal language as opposed to tech-speak.  Thank You.  Marie

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
First, welcome to the o2 Community, which is a place for o2 customers to ask for advice from other customers. As such, we have no access to your account to see what is happening.
Second, I would imagine that the order you have placed is for the change in tariff (the combination of minutes, texts and data you pay for). Sometimes what happens is the o2 will send you out a new SIM card if you agree to a new deal/contract. You do not need to use this if your existing one works.
What I would advise is to check your account in My o2 to make sure that you have indeed upgraded your tariff and not taken an additional line out.
If you have any questions then call customer services or call into an o2 shop if convenient as they should be able to view your account.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Mari this isn't customer services so please contact them directly for info http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Mari

As this is a customer forum, we have no access to your account so can't explain this.

You need to contact customer services asap and ask them https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited for spelling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
First, welcome to the o2 Community, which is a place for o2 customers to ask for advice from other customers. As such, we have no access to your account to see what is happening.
Second, I would imagine that the order you have placed is for the change in tariff (the combination of minutes, texts and data you pay for). Sometimes what happens is the o2 will send you out a new SIM card if you agree to a new deal/contract. You do not need to use this if your existing one works.
What I would advise is to check your account in My o2 to make sure that you have indeed upgraded your tariff and not taken an additional line out.
If you have any questions then call customer services or call into an o2 shop if convenient as they should be able to view your account.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It will almost certainly be a new sim card which would be a blank sim and could be used to swap your number over. This is not necessary to do as you don't use much data and can continue to use your original sim. Just put it in a drawer in case your present sim fails at some time in the future.

The new sim would be a 4G compatible sim whereas if you have had your sim for years, it may well only be a 3G capable sim. Obviously with the amount of data you use then you don't need the new sim unless you have problems in the future.

Any orders can be viewed in My O2 but if you are still worried at all, then call customer service because if you agreed the new tariff with a 'trusted partner' i is possible things won't always be as you agreed.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also got a feeling it may end up being a business contract
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Mari, welcome to our community. slight_smile How are you getting on with this?

Having gone through a contract upgrade myself recently I can also confirm that the automated email notification from this referred to an "order" for me too, just an order without anything physical being sent to me as it was a tariff upgrade only and I didn't opt for a new SIM to be sent to me either. After the order was processed, my tariff changed, and I got an additional email about that too, with details of how many minutes, texts etc. I have in my new tariff.

So to me the email you received sounds normal. slight_smile Let us know if you come across any issues or have any further questions though, and as adviced above you can also check your My O2 account to make sure everything looks good there.

Message 7 of 7