cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refresh broken mobile help

Anonymous
Not applicable

i upgraded to an iphone 4s september 2013 and still have to pay for it until august 2015. i currently still owe £165 on the mobile but the mobile is broke, it has been to be repaired but it cant be repaired as the wifi module on the logic board has broke so i have an iphone that cant connect to the internet

what do i do?

i dont want to pay £165 more on this mobile as its no use to me

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive been in touch with o2 and they have booked a repair so i will send it to them tomorrow, they will let me know what i will have to pay before they do any work so i will let u know what they say slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Personally I would make an appointment at the Apple store. As it's only just out of warranty they may help you.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

sorry to hear about your mobile issues.

You could always sell the phone as faulty (spares and repairs) and use the money to pay the phone off.

Just an idea.

Message 3 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23048 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Sorry to say, it sounds like you're out of luck. It isn't O2's fault that the phone is broken. You're still responsible for paying what you owe on it. Best thing you could do would be to try to sell the phone for spare parts.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are still committed to paying I'm afraid.

You can go to an Apple Store via a genius bar appointment to have it looked at under the one year warranty. They do sometimes help if it's a bit past the warranty date.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Or have O2 repairs take a look by dropping it in at one of their shops.

I'd go with apple first.

Look at any home contents insurance or bank account cover too. Excess fees may apply.
Message 5 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144217 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
I'd push O2 for a warranty repair based on them supplying you with a phone on a 2 year contract - the least you could expect is for it to be warranted as fit for purpose during that period of time (esp as it's a common fault).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

O2  do have some responsibility for this under the sale of goods act. However as the handset is older than 6 months old, the onus is on you to prove that this issue is down to an inherent defect that was present at the time the device was sold which may be tricky.

I'd personally nip to Apple as you have already been advised. You may get a goodwill repair, however if they wont repair it for free you may find the repair cost from Apple to be comparable to your refresh buyout which may be the better option

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also believe Apple don't actually repair the phone in most instances ,but charge the express replacement fee ,and supply a mint refurbished handset.
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thankyou all, i will try all the options hopefully apple or o2 will be able to sort it if not i will sell it as spares

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome.

I wish you well.
Message 10 of 14