cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 contract auto renewal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have 2 contracts with o2 1st one is for my wife 2nd was taken only for phone deal so i've never activated sim or opened account. Now i did know that it runs out soon but didnt know when. After Chat with some advisor he told me that it ende 21/02/2016 ... so 5 months paying for nothing, no email, no letter asking do i want to continue ehh. So i want to find out can i have my money back for this past 5 months and has someone had that kind of problem?

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23991 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Anonymous Please see this guide on how to cancel. You will not be refunded any money.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately its up to the account holder to provide notice of cancellation otherwise it will continue
Message 2 of 17

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23991 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Anonymous Please see this guide on how to cancel. You will not be refunded any money.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 17

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1344 Posts
  • 66 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous the terms of your contract will advise that once the minimum term is up the contract will continue on a month to month basis until the account holder terminates it (giving them 30 days notice to terminate).

You will not be able to obtain a refund for the month since your contract has expired as O2 are still providing you with the service you requested even if you have not / do not use it.

I recommend whoever is the account holder calls up to cancel your contract and avoid any future costs.

*DO NOT CANCEL YOUR DIRECT DEBIT UNTIL YOU HAVE A FINAL BILL WHICH YOU HAVE PAID*
Message 4 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
There are no refunds at all.
Contracts run a minimum term of 2 years, after that they continue to roll over on a monthly basis.
It is the responsibility of the account holder to check the account status I'm afraid.
The good news is that you can cancel now and give your 30 days notice which means you will only need to make one more payment on the account slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I'm quite surprised that you did not know that you had to give notice and cancel.We are sent emails when we take out a contract with all the details. O2 are obliged to provide a service within those terms and conditions but we as customers need to fully understand our own obligations. The responsibility for those 5 months of paying for the service is down to yourself I'm afraid. Did you not know that the contract ended 5 months ago? Surely you check your details in My O2?

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

And that what is my problem i did NOT used sim card or opened acc with other contract as i needed phone for my contact with three. I dont have paper contract so couldent check end date( not sure what happen with it just lost it i suppose) and yeah i know its my fault but i really belive that o2 just used fact that im not using my sim and didnt inform me that my contract ends.On my other contract i ALWAYS recive email than post "Ur contract ends soon u will be abel to choose upgrade ur phone" sort of slight_smile so why advisor told me they NOt inform about contract termination date??

Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
It really makes no difference if they told you or not and probably not because you never activated the account.
Either way, you still gotta pay until you cancel, sorry mate, it's the same for everyone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

It isn't just like i told u other contract 7 years + full info, updates new contract with unused sim no info

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
If you really think you have a leg to stand on I suggest you make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Message 10 of 17