Did you mean: 

o2 Open

GML17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before.

I currently have a 30% Friends & Family discount, my device has been paid off, so I'm only paying ~£14 per month for my tariff. 

I am eligible for o2 Open, but this 'only' gives me 25% discount.

My question is, if I wanted to upgrade my phone to the iPhone SE for example, is it possible to stay on my current tariff, and just add the cost of the phone to my monthly bill?

TIA. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Lorna
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
Unfortunately not when you upgrade both the tariff and device plan change so you would lose the discount that you currently have, the only way to avoid that is to buy the handset outright and remain on the tariff that you are on.
signature
Message 2 of 5

GML17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK. Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you know if I can upgrade and still keep the 30% discount? Or is 25% the best I can get?

Thanks again

Message 3 of 5

O2Lorna
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
the only way to keep the existing friends and family discount is to get the person that applied it to reapply it after you have upgraded.
signature
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions

@GML17 

Check the excluded devices in the link too as new phones are often exempt from discount eligibility Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5