Did you mean: 

new sim but want to keep number

brettly01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

got my new phone yesterday, galaxy S20 5G, it came with new sim but i want to keep my old number

Do i just carry on just using old sim or do i have to use new sim and then change to my old number?

I'm swapping my new phone for my wifes old phone, galaxy S10, so the new contract is with me but wife getting the new phone, is this going to cause any problems as my new contract has 5G but im going to use older phone, galaxy S10, and my wife is going to have new phone which is 5G but she will have the older contract which does not have 5G.

The reason i'm swapping phones is because i'm a logistics driver so are more likely to break phone like i have already so it makes sense for me to have wifes old phone and for to have new phone.

thanks for any advice.

Rgds

Brett

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27688 Solutions

@brettly01 

Carry on with old sim for now and switch to 5g sim when all this chaos has calmed down.

It may not work now if you try and transfer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi Brettly,

You will want to switch your sim if you want to be able to utilise 5G on your S20. 

The easiest way to swap your sim is via text. Just text SWAP to 20220 and follow the instructions.

signature
Message 3 of 3