Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

Seen that in a couple of places. I'm due an upgrade and phoned O2 to be told that it was listed on either their launch or pre-launch schedules for the next two weeks.
So perhaps that info is wrong or has been picked up from a re-seller?

I just called them and its definitely not on their list.

Hmm. I called the upgrade team yesterday about 9am and they said the N900 is being stocked by O2 but they don't have a delivery date yet. I'm not due an upgrade till December so I'm happy to wait. What number did you call?
Highlighted
Anonymous

N900 is coming to O2 ! Yippee

Just to update you all, I rang O2 yesterday (10th Nov) to see about cancelling my phone as i want to upgrade to Nokia N97 or Nokia N900 I was told that O2 dont do N97 but the N900 will be coming in a few weeks time ! He couldn't give me prices yet but to check back in the next week or two. Big thumbs up for O2 !!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

Seen that in a couple of places. I'm due an upgrade and phoned O2 to be told that it was listed on either their launch or pre-launch schedules for the next two weeks.
So perhaps that info is wrong or has been picked up from a re-seller?

I just called them and its definitely not on their list.

Hmm. I called the upgrade team yesterday about 9am and they said the N900 is being stocked by O2 but they don't have a delivery date yet. I'm not due an upgrade till December so I'm happy to wait. What number did you call?

I got the same response from upgrades today. I was told it isn't on their system at the minute therefore they can't say whether it will or will not be stocked. They told me to check back at the end of the November to see if anything had changed however once it shows on their system there will be delay before it actually ships so don't expect anytime soon. Before Christmas would be great.

I just range the 0870 customer service number and went through the various options until I got upgrades.
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

I have just spoken with a guy on O2's Sales Team and he said the N900 will DEFINITELY be offered on contracts around the end of the month depending on the release date from Nokia. It was showing on their system, but no tariff prices or handset charge (if any) were available at the moment.

They will not be taking the N97 mini apparently. I guess they have rejected it based on their findings of the original N97 which is a shame as the later firmwares were vastly better than what it initially shipped with.

Before everyone starts waving flags and sending up balloons, just be aware there are limitations in the current firmware of the N900 that restricts most operation to landscape mode (It's primarily an internet tablet that happens to make phone calls remember) with the exception of the phone calls side of things which function in portrait mode. It is not currently able to send or receive MMS (although this is apparently due in a later firmware) and I don't believe it can currently handle 3G video-calling.

It seems Nokia's Maemo team are putting their focus on performance and stability at this stage rather than adding features, so anything not in the current firmware will be waiting until a later firmware update to be added. They recently made 300 pre-release devices available to various users and have been working on their feedback to make sure the software is robust before releasing to market.

This is a good thing in many ways. It needs to be ready when it gets released as they definitely got their fingers burned with the N97 firmware and I think they have learned a BIG lesson the hard way.
Highlighted
Anonymous

N900 on O2 in January?

[ Edited ]
According to this blog post, the N900 will be available on O2 in late January:
http://www.mobile-users.net/2009/11/25/ ... ll-get-it/

I'm not sure whether I can wait that long or I'll jump ship first...We'll see.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: N900 on O2 in January?

[ Edited ]

Nice link. Now that is about the most realistic post I have seen on the issue. That certainly backs up the view that MPD have exclusivity and therefore no amount of ranting on any forum will get it to 02 any quicker.

You will either have to go sim free through Nokia (not nokia retail) (use topcashback and get 13% off) or take out a Vodafone contract through MPD if you really want it before Christmas.

I think though there is a simpler reason why Vodafone do not offer the phone through their stores. That is because they can't. The blogger forget MPD exclusivity when he came to this part of the post. MPD has exclusivity over being the first to sell the contracts for the phone and Vodafone have exclusivity as the network provider hence why t-mobile contracts are no longer available. Well that's how I would read it anyway.
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

tmobile deals were just cancelled as thet met there target for that tariff mate

people who ordered the cheap tmobile 12 month deal will still get it but its not avalible to anyone else wanting to sign up

like ive said all along no network will be able to offer the n900 direct it will be either through nokia shops or mobile phones direct who are linked with nokia for at least untill after xmas and the new year

this is why ive been getting annoyed with people saying

''spoke to o2 they will have it late november early december''

its just lying and getting people excited for no reason

it looks ok but ive heard mixed opinions on the n900 anyways

after 4 faulty n97s and 2 faulty n86s i think ill wait how the n900 turns out before beinga beta tester

the omnia hd will more then match it in terms of hardware and funcionallity as a phone and smartphone

infact the omnia hd is around 8 months old and is pretty much running what the n900 is under the hood bar maemo and 32gb mass memory

i think people hype nokia to much other manufacturers have caught up and are over taking nokia

rant over enjoy your n900s ill enjoy my omnia hd

cant see o2 getting it for a bit yet unless they have allready passed it through their testing system which the n97 failed
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: N900 on O2 in January?

[ Edited ]

Nice link. Now that is about the most realistic post I have seen on the issue. That certainly backs up the view that MPD have exclusivity and therefore no amount of ranting on any forum will get it to 02 any quicker.
You will either have to go sim free through Nokia (not nokia retail) (use topcashback and get 13% off) or take out a Vodafone contract through MPD if you really want it before Christmas.
I think though there is a simpler reason why Vodafone do not offer the phone through their stores. That is because they can't. The blogger forget MPD exclusivity when he came to this part of the post. MPD has exclusivity over being the first to sell the contracts for the phone and Vodafone have exclusivity as the network provider hence why t-mobile contracts are no longer available. Well that's how I would read it anyway.

o2 are meant to get end of January... Pricing not known but I'd expect it to be free around £45/month on the basis of their other phones.
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

[ Edited ]
tmobile deals were just cancelled as thet met there target for that tariff mate
people who ordered the cheap tmobile 12 month deal will still get it but its not avalible to anyone else wanting to sign up
like ive said all along no network will be able to offer the n900 direct it will be either through nokia shops or mobile phones direct who are linked with nokia for at least untill after xmas and the new year.

T-mobile deals were not cancelled due to met targets. here's why they were cancelled (it has been confirmed several several times): http://www.mobile-users.net/2009/11/25/ ... ty-update/

People who ordered on T-mobile will have their pre-orders honoured.

the device is exclusive to Nokia Online Shop, Nokia Flagship Stores & Mobile Phones Direct until Jan 2010. This is further confirmed by Play.com moving their pre-order expected date to 31/12/09 and buymobilephones.net (who were offering on O2 & Orange) delisting pre-orders & showing as coming soon... Incidentally those who pre-ordered from buymobilephones.net are now told to wait until January as well.

(Side-note: buxz777 another forum I see you on lol!)
Highlighted
Anonymous

n900 on O2

Man I want this phone.

Nobody does aftercare like Nokia, which is why until my N95 got stolen last week, I was happy to keep using that indefinitely. Now I have an unlocked 3 branded Sony Satio, taken off a friend whilst I wait for o2 to get this phone.

O2 did not get the n97, nor the n97 mini... if they miss out on this, I will surley be saying bye to o2, which is annoying because of all the UK operators, they have the best customer service BY FAR.

I am tired of them spooning apple though. They are giving the Nokia fans no options and I cant be the only person sitting here ready to leave if January comes and no flagship Nokia arrives. I would have left already had I not have been luckily handed a Satio in the interim.

For now (possibly due to my consistently high bill), my rolling simplicity tariff including free internet and o2 calls is so cheap I'm happy to wait. If the Nokia does not come though, I am off. Oh, and I hate iPhone fans! Sheer hate!