Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locking your phone

Daniel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought an iphone 6s plus and paid £600 over 2 years I now am changing to sky, check this out 2GB unlimited calls and text £6 pm if a sky customer.

Now O2 are locking the phone I paid £600 for I OWN THE PHONE what right do they have to lock it.

DO NOT BUY A PHONE FROM O2.

I have been out a phone for 3 days and still locked out BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Daniel

What do you mean O2 have locked your phone. Have you paid your bills etc?

If all ok then have you tried this unlocking guide?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
There are a few people having problems with unlocking at the moment.
O2 deny any problems but I’m not convinced!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Daniel, I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to use your phone for a few days now confused Did you get a chance to look at the suggestions above? Could you let us know a bit more about what's happening please?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

Daniel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello Yes I ended my contract and paid off the phone it has cost me £600 over 2yrs.

I then went to Sky and got a sim only deal, when I put the sim in it said not supported I gave Sky my pac code and it all set up but now O2 will not unlock the phone, I requested the unlock on the 13th Aug and it is still locked and I am unable to use it I have contacted O2 several times and they just fob me off with excuses.

I have opened a conplaint with resolver and just waiting to see if they will unlock it I am absolutly disgusted with them Regards Daniel.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
@EmilieT will help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
@EmilieT will help you.

Thanks @MI5 for the mention slight_smile 

@Daniel I've sent you a Private Message to get some more details, so we can try to get this sorted for you. Once you've replied, I'll get someone to look into this!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
@EmilieT, when do you start on the phones wink
Are O2 actively investigating the problem with unlocking or are they just leaving it for us to tag you into every thread?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8