Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 3: Thinker

iPhone broken charger

So my charger has a crack in, and doesn’t work anymore I took it to o2 who said go to Apple , they didn’t replace it. Who’s responsible?
Topics: 688

Re: iPhone broken charger

@Ebritton14

How long have you had the charger? I suppose O2 and Apple could say you broke it yourself.

I don't think you will get anyone to take responsibility for a charger. You may be better off buying a replacement.

Not what you want to hear, but I think that will be the only outcome.

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

They won’t take responsibility, they will just say you have to purchase a new one

use a charger from another device

Thanks for the input, but to give my side of things here is the reason I don’t want to buy one. Firstly they’re £20 for 1 metre or £30 for 2 metre. That’s a lot of money. It wasn’t my fault it’s not working properly. It’s just died on me. Also I’m paying nearly £90 for the phone a month. I resign paying for a charger that’s in good condition otherwise. I know I could go to Poundland, but they’re not good for my battery, does insurance include accessories? Or their warranty perhaps. I’m paying £1000 for the phone so I should at least be able to charge it. Thanks in advance
Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,504

Insurance policy excess would be £50 minimum, so not a viable option.
Loads on Amazon for a lot less than that.
I'd cut my losses and just order one from there https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_7?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=iphone+charger&s...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

If you have an Apple store near, take it in and they may exchange it.

Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,845
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

[ Edited ]

If it is just the cable any mfi certified cable is fine I use ravpower on amazon from official sunvalleytek seller and most come with no quibble warranty some lifetime 

and apple warranty info for accessories that came in the box https://www.apple.com/uk/legal/warranty/products/uk-ireland-universal-warranty.html

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services