dumtiru
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello.

I have left england a while ago

i have 2 contracts. 

one for a ihone 6s ( device payed off ) and one for ipad ( still paying on device )

I do not have the sim cards anymore.

i do not remember the security question as i chose randomly

I am unable get the guys on the live chat to claose my account as i cant answer the security questions. 

Do i have any options to get my account closed in this situation ? 

I will not come to england just to close this account. I am trying to do the right thing and pay what i owe even though i could easily just stop paying and you cant do anything to me to get the money back.

I WANT TO PAY OFF WHAT I OWE BUT YOU WONT LET ME CLOSE MY ACCOUNT.

I WILL NOT PAY ANYMORE FOR SERVICES I DO NOT RECIVE/USE!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @dumtiru Welcome to the forum

o2 chat are correct and can’t help you to pay or close you account. They are there for the basics I’m afraid. 

you need to call and speak to some one. As you have posted in the pay monthly section I’ve enclosed the contact number you need to call from abroad and the hours.

I would also not cancel any direct debits or anything until you have spoken to o2 direct.  Even though u are over seas, o2 can update your credit file here in the UK if you miss payments etc.

you need to call o2 direct to pay, close and resolve the issue.

You may be asked the security question, but they can verify you in other ways.  They will need both mobile numbers though.

Also this is a customer forum. We don’t work for o2 at all.  So you will need to speak to o2 direct.

really hope you get it sorted.  Good luck

A2F07219-C45D-4521-A38D-C46045B713D7.jpeg

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @dumtiru Welcome to the forum

o2 chat are correct and can’t help you to pay or close you account. They are there for the basics I’m afraid. 

you need to call and speak to some one. As you have posted in the pay monthly section I’ve enclosed the contact number you need to call from abroad and the hours.

I would also not cancel any direct debits or anything until you have spoken to o2 direct.  Even though u are over seas, o2 can update your credit file here in the UK if you miss payments etc.

you need to call o2 direct to pay, close and resolve the issue.

You may be asked the security question, but they can verify you in other ways.  They will need both mobile numbers though.

Also this is a customer forum. We don’t work for o2 at all.  So you will need to speak to o2 direct.

really hope you get it sorted.  Good luck

A2F07219-C45D-4521-A38D-C46045B713D7.jpeg

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@dumtiru

Just to add to the advice given by @darrengf here's the official guide on contract cancellation

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can reset your security question to one you can remember in your myo2 under manage my details.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @dumtiru, and welcome to the forum! Please have a look at the advice above, and let us know how you're getting on with this. If you need any furthe help do let us know slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5