Did you mean: 

Mis-sold contract

Kayleigh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi, just seeking advice...

ive been a customer with o2 serveral years now, and i recently upgraded my contract with them again aroun 2 months ago, being an air hostess my plan was to switch to EE or 3 who offer travel contracts after telling o2 this they informed me they too have a new travel contract which covers USA and all other countries i travel to with work on a regular bases and unlike the bolt on its all included in the contract and i would not get the additional charge of 4.99 a day.

this has proved to be wrong. before taking out this contract i doubled checked over the phone and in 2 seperate shops to make sure as i cannot afford high price contracts with the wages i am on. i agreed to a 41 pound a month contract and it is currently coming out around 60 and i am indeed getting charged the 4.99 a day i was promised by several members of o2 i wouldnt be charged...

i have been ringing with past 3 days ive been off and every time been given different information some saying i will get the charge some saying i shouldnt, as all the calls are recorded they told me they will listen back to them and get back to me not once has someone contacted me and when i called today the manager actually said "just because youve been misinformed it does not say anywhere in the contract we need to cancel it" this is also recorded. if i do cancel my contract i do not see why i should pay for the handset they can gladly have it back but i have been missold and this is not my wrong doing, i also traded in an iphone 7 which now means i would not have a handset to trade in for another therefore the money having to come out of my own pocket,

this is making me feel so stressed and feel as though i cant use my phone when away with work as im scared of getting charged, i need my phone when away to keep in touch with family etc as im only 21. 

i really dont know what do with this contract and im struggling to find away to get out of it, would i be best seeking legal advice or is there another way to deal with this??? 

any advice right now would be greatly appreciated 

thanks 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Kayleigh According to this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad the charge is £4.99 per day. Unfortunately, you are past the 14 day cooling off period. 

You could ask for your PAC to change providers, which would cancel your contract once you switched to a different network, but you will have to pay off what remains for device charges on your current O2 contract. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Kayleigh
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi yeah i seen that but instore and over the phone i was told differently and they have that recorded which they have told me ive been given the wrong information 

so i dont know where i stand now ?

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Kayleigh If you can get access to any recording they may have admitting their mistake, then you probably have a case. If you wish to make a complaint, follow this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain Many people have had positive results using Resolver within that link.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
The free travel inclusive is only on certain tariffs and only covers certain countries
https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5