cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to unlink accounts

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys i have two o2 accounts one contract and one pay and go how do i unlink these as i cant access my pay and go account details

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94090 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94090 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

rustymk12000
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As far as I can tell, there is no unlink option. Can anyone provide more details on how this is done?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Contact O2 and ask them, see "Contact us" at the foot of the page for details.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 94090 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@rustymk12000 wrote:

As far as I can tell, there is no unlink option. Can anyone provide more details on how this is done?

Thanks.

There used to be an option to unlink (hence the solution) but it seems to have been removed. As perksie says, give customer service a call.

Message 5 of 17

rustymk12000
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks. I've been in touch with O2 and having been given duff info by someone on their "chat" system, they have now confirmed that the account unlinking feature on their website isn't working. Unfortunately, they resolutely refuse to say what the problem is, or indeed when it will be fixed. Anyone know any more than that?

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah...don't use Live Chat as this is too complicated for them! wink

Give Customers Services a call and they should be able to sort you out quick sharp!

Message 7 of 17

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There used to be an option to unlink (hence the solution) but it seems to have been removed. As perksie says, give customer service a call.

Last time I tried to use the unlink accounts, I lost all access to one of the accounts and ended up having to spend quite a bit of time on the phone to CS to get it all sorted out, mind you that was a few years back. So worth going direct to CS anyway.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, I rang c.s tonight 13/08/13, because I am no longer with my ex girlfriend, anyway, heres what happen, twice c.s told me about the unlink, and the third time I called c.s, they tried to palm me off again with the same. I push this time and said in my o2 there is no unlink, and I have informed you, she is my ex, and im seeing all her personal details, including her new single bank account, and as such, if not sorted, this is breaking the data protection act, this finally got her to put me on hold, she came back and admitted that the website had been changed, but no one in customer service, knew where the unlink was now, not very good customer service or training. So im going to complain to ofcom, as its breaking the data protection act, and they dont care about sorting it out. You think as i pay over £70 a month, and im out of contract on the 20/08/13, 7 days time, they would'nt want to pee me off and keep my buisiness.

Message 9 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can't split one account into two which seems to be what you want done.

The account holder has sole control of the accounts and has to decide whether to keep them going or not.

A new account cannot be created without passing a credit application.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 17