cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

company calling to upgrade me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Ive had a call from a company claiming to be calling on behalf of O2???? never had this before as ive always upgraded via My02 website account??

they convinced me that it was all above board and they are working on behalf of 02. 

I then  had another call from: cpwonlinesolutions.com, saying they couldnt get the new sim sorted as some details didnt match!!! now im worried, is this a scam or another company trying to take me away from 02???

what should i do?? the email address of the lady that phoned me today is:saraht@cpwonlinesolutions.com.

at bottom of email it says theyare part of the carphone warehouse.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought one could write to O2 to opt out if required by writing to Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

Message 21 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't seem to mention that does anyone know if you can and an address
Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
21.4 You also agree to the information described in paragraph 21.3 being used, analysed and assessed by us and the other parties identified in paragraph 21.3 and selected third parties for marketing purposes including amongst other things to identify and offer you by phone, post, the Network, your Mobile Phone, email, text (SMS), media messaging, automated dialling equipment or other means, any further products, services and offers which we think might interest you. If you don’t want your details to be used for marketing purposes, please write to us c/o The Data Controller, Telefónica UK Limited 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX or through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number. For details on how we use your information please refer to our Privacy Policy on our Website.
Message 23 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks bob will write in
Message 24 of 28

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My uncle once got a cold call from a company claiming to be about a phot upgrade. First thing they said "can you confirm the number of your phone". This was after getting a call on that number grin

He put it straight down

Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning @paulbacon

"My uncle once got a cold call from a company claiming to be about a phot upgrade. First thing they said "can you confirm the number of your phone". This was after getting a call on that number

He put it straight down"

A wise decision. slight_smile
Message 26 of 28

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning

You do have to laugh at some of the stuff cold callers come out with to trick people into giving over their details.

Ive had "banks" ring me asking me to confirm my details before they will continue with the call.

Message 27 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree Paul.

Some have started off with are you happy with your current phone and skirt around what actual phone I use.

Also on , How is your current monthly contract doing for you when I'm on Payg.

It's not in my nature to be abrupt or put the phone down so it's a "I'm fine with everything and cannot talk as I'm unloading a HGV. Good Bye" from me. slight_smile
Message 28 of 28