Did you mean: 

paying off phone plan

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi all

I've just phoned O2 to pay off the remainder of my phone plan and is only been permitted to pay off all expect 19p which leaves me paying 1p per month for the remainder of my 19 months contract. I thought the idea of refresh was to be able to leave / upgrade whenever.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to get back on the phone tomorrow and ask what they are playing at you should be able to pay it all off

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is.

Why have they left a low amount still outstanding ?

Did you speak to O2 via O2.

"How can I save with O2 Refresh?
O2 Refresh saves you money in two ways. First, it makes it cheaper for you to get a new phone before the end of your contract. You'll only need to pay the Phone Plan balance, instead of paying all the remaining months of your standard contract. Second, when you keep the phone you buy on O2 Refresh beyond 24 months, your Phone Plan automatically ends and you'll only have to pay the Airtime Plan."

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/frequent-questions#tabs
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
I don't see how they can stop you paying off your full amount. What reason was given?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to get back on the phone tomorrow and ask what they are playing at you should be able to pay it all off
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Must be but what an odd figure
Message 6 of 7

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Sounds like a retentions tactic to me to prevent you leaving. You are absolutely right and you should be able to pay the phone plan off in full and then leave if and when you want. I did it myself a few months ago following the price rises for all (unless you are on SIMO or PAYG)

Phone again to say you want to pay off in full. Also put a complaint in about the original operator

Message 7 of 7