cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of account holder

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been paying for my daughters mobile phone, but now my daughter wants to pay her monthly bill can this be done and how can I go about it

Regards 

Geraint Evans

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

She can take over the payments by changing the bank account for the direct debit to hers but the name on account cannot be changed.
To get it in her name she must apply for her own account and pass the credit checks then you can transfer the phone number to the new account for her.

Payment details can be changed in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

She can take over the payments by changing the bank account for the direct debit to hers but the name on account cannot be changed.
To get it in her name she must apply for her own account and pass the credit checks then you can transfer the phone number to the new account for her.

Payment details can be changed in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel your direct debit with your Bank, then issue your daughters details over the phone with o2 while still having the account remain in your name. Your daughter will pay and you can manage it. Simple. slight_smile

Message 3 of 3