cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a Data Allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening,

I have a 'lead device' with a 30GB per month data allowance.

What is the cheapest (ideally free) SIM card I can use to add a dongle to my pool of sharing devices?

For example, could I use the 'Classic PAYG' SIM in a dongle so I could browse online without having to pay anything extra each month?

Thanks,

Colin

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I honestly think your best option is to go instore according to the info on Sharer tariffs

http://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

There is a special number to call ....0330 8800 908 if you want to give that a try. First thing in the morning is usually the best time.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you; I did however already read that page.

I do not want to pay for any further data allowance.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe contact customer service to go through your options 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

I have already had a twenty-plus minute 'live chat' and after being connected to four different agents, they were unable (or unwilling) to answer my question.

I took on a £35 per month tariff with a 30GB data allowance, because I was told I would be able to share this 30GB allowance amongst several devices.

My secondary provider is THREE and I have a rolling contract (no need to ever top-up) and merely pay for any use each month.

Ideally I would like a comparable SIM from O2, which I could insert into a dongle and which would allow me access to my 30GB allowanace.

Colin

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I honestly think your best option is to go instore according to the info on Sharer tariffs

http://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans

There is a special number to call ....0330 8800 908 if you want to give that a try. First thing in the morning is usually the best time.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If you have your 30gb tariff set up as a lead device you can add new sims to it at a cost of £7.50 per month for data only or £15 to share calls, texts and data.
You can't just add a free sim without paying the monthly fee.
The only free option is to tether from the device with the 30gb sim in it.
Unfortunately, no one seems to understand sharing tariffs so getting info is very difficult.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7