Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I cancel my o2 pay monthly account

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring customer service (202 on pay monthly from your mobile), there's an option for "thinking of leaving us"
You need to give 30 days notice and if still contracted for a length of time you have to pay off the remaining time of contract. If on a rolling monthly contract it's just the 30 days, but they'll explain when you call.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring customer service (202 on pay monthly from your mobile), there's an option for "thinking of leaving us"
You need to give 30 days notice and if still contracted for a length of time you have to pay off the remaining time of contract. If on a rolling monthly contract it's just the 30 days, but they'll explain when you call.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

i am sick to death of being treated like crap by o2 and intend to call on tuesday to cancel

Message 3 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good luck with your preferred new network. Is it just the price increase or are you having other problems?

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello and welcome to the Community

If you are thinking of changing your network we strongly recommend you try out FREE payg sim for your preferred network to check the signal meets your needs. Please don't rely on Web based coverage checkers.

Good luck
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you find out, please let me know.

I'm actually finding their cancellation methods a joke. I phoned this morning and was in a queue for 35mins. I tried this evening for 55mins and then they cut me off. Tried phoning @ 8.30 this evening only to be told that they're closed, contrary to the website stating that for pay monthly, the times are 8am to 9pm. If they want to keep my custom, refusing to listen to me isn't the correct way.

Can't get an advisor in Live Chat even though they are meant to be there til 11pm. An absolute joke. I know that O2 will never be able to match the deal I have seen so I'm just leaving and after this fiasco, I'll never be back. No wonder customers seem to be flocking to other service providers.

Unbelievable farce. 😞

Message 6 of 12

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No wonder customers seem to be flocking to other service providers.

Have you got a link to this info at all?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You say you want to cancel but also query them keeping your custom? Do you mean you haven't made your mind up about cancelling?

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

No Oracle. It was a statement simply based on supplier- customer relationship. If there was a chance that I would stay, they mess it up by ignoring me. Not great tactics, don't you think?

Also, as for the statement about people flocking from O2, I should've worded that better to mean that people that I know have moved from O2 to the biggest network in the UK. I'm sure I can find some statistics to back that up but this is not a debate about that.

I have been a customer with O2 for about 10years, give or take. I do expect some level of decency when needing them to deal with any of my enquiries. Is that too much to ask?

Message 10 of 12