cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to cancel my contract as they are putting the price up can i do it online

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
see if am no long got a contract what would happen if a was to cancel it as its going up and a really cant aford it as am not working am only at the job center slight_smile am only asking because was thinking on cancelling but not so sure slight_smile
Message 11 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not long took on this contract few month i think hehe but was thinking on cancelling as cant afored it any longer since its going up so was wondering what would happen would i still have to pay all the months even if a cancell from the bank or what NEW to this contract stuff lol hehe 

Message 12 of 39

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sorry to tell you but the clue is in the word contract, you have agreed to pay a monthly fee until the contract minimum term is up.

If you just stop paying O2 will put a mark on your credit file which will make it almost impossible for you to get credit again.

They will also pass the debt to a collection agency who will come after you for the outstanding amount.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not long took on this contract few month i think hehe but was thinking on cancelling as cant afored it any longer since its going up so was wondering what would happen would i still have to pay all the months even if a cancell from the bank or what NEW to this contract stuff lol hehe 

If you had taken 60 seconds to read the first page of this thread you could have answered your question yourself.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

was only wondering as i didnt expect it to go up and now i cant afored it any longer as am only getting money off the job centre slight_smile 

Message 15 of 39

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

was only wondering as i didnt expect it to go up and now i cant afored it any longer as am only getting money off the job centre slight_smile 

Sadly that doesn't change the arrangement between you and O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Do you have a family member who can take over the contract for you?

Other than that it's a matter of selling your phone and put it towards the cost of paying up your contract.

Message 17 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

its ok just going to cancel it as its to much will pay my bill this month as a have to but after that will be leaving 02 as i cant afored it any longer but thanks for the advise slight_smile ❤️ 

Message 18 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23204 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

Sorry, but you signed a contract and you are responsible for it. If you cancel, it will affect your credit rating and you will never be able to get another mobile phone contract, or credit for anything else for that matter. That's a harsh reality, but one you're going to have to face.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

its fine dont want another contract any ways slight_smile but yeah thanks for all the feed back slight_smile 

Message 20 of 39