Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

being charged for media messages

Hi i don't understand why i am being charged for media messages when infact it should be normal text message?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: being charged for media messages

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the forum 

MMS are not part of the texting allowance in a tariff and are charged at £0.40pence.

o2 MMS help link MMS

Help link http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

Alternatively use e mail.

Or Whatsapp , BBM or viber as a few examples but these need to be used by the other parties too. 

Highlighted
Topics: 539
Solutions: 11,746

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi i don't understand why i am being charged for media messages when infact it should be normal text message?

Are you asking if MMS should be free or are you asking why you are been charged?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Please bear in mind that if a text reaches a certain amount of characters in length it will send as an MMS instead of a SMS.

Highlighted
Topics: 34
Kudos: 55
Solutions: 3

This has happened to me once. If you send a message which is really long it can be seen as a media message and charged accordingly. I called up O2, got a refund after a few months and in my phone settings turned off "send MMS"

OnePlus 3 (7.0)

Macbook Pro Retina
Apple TV 3rd Gen
iPad Air
PS4, PS3, PSVita (liam-ward)
Many more little gadgets and toys

Nokia Lumia 635 Review
Xperia Ultra Z Review
iPhone 6 Plus from Lumia 1520 compariview