Did you mean: 

another hilarity from the Live Chat

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi,

Just thought I'd buy a new connection from O2 and 'chance my arm' for some loyalty discount. Well, I know that these are hard to get these days and was expecting 'no' as a possible answer, but the explanation given by the Live Chat advisor was beyond good and evil.

I think I'll just get the quotes from Live Chat from this point, as I just don't know what to add to it. I'm speachless. I'm honestly starting to think that O2 are training their agents to be the way they are on purpose.

So, here it goes:

ME: Hi, I've currently got three lines with O2, one of them is Pay&Go. I'd like to buy a new phone with a Refresh plan, and wondering whether I can switch my Pay&Go number for that plan and also transfer my accoubnt balance towards my Refresh Plan airtime credit. Also, are there any possible discounts for me as a loyal customer if I'm purchasing that new Refresh plan?

LIVE CHAT:  I wish i can. But as you know the Tariff is Vat Included we wont be offer any discount.

ME (Thinking 'Wat?!'😞 I'm not sure how VAT affects the possibility of the discount. Could you please elaborate?

LIVE CHAT: As the Plan online IS VAT included. So  we cannot change it. And also offer  any discount.

ME: Everything you purchase is VAT included. (Ok, I was wrong with 'everything' here, but all mobile network plans certainly were, and I've already got a small loyalty discount on one of my O2 plans anyway). I'm not sure if I can extract any sense from what you're saying.

LIVE CHAT: Okay. I wont be  Able to  offer  any discount .

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Live chat have no authority to discount. You need to call 202 and speak to retentions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @cyrillicguy

I am speechless. (Mind you this was after laughing myself silly) Sorry about the laughing...but sometimes you can't help yourself in the face of such absolute stupidity Smiley Mad wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @cyrillicguy

I am speechless. (Mind you this was after laughing myself silly) Sorry about the laughing...but sometimes you can't help yourself in the face of such absolute stupidity Smiley Mad wink

That kind of stupidity and the fact that it's clearly not just one off thing makes me wonder... Is that how O2 wants it to be?

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oops what a silly operator
Message 4 of 11

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7210 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
That's live chat for you slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Live chat have no authority to discount. You need to call 202 and speak to retentions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Actually the loyalty discount I've already got on one of my lines, was applied by a Live Chat agent (whether he had to actually speak to someone else to authorize it, I do not know). On this occasion though I was not planning to leave or upgrade, I just wanted a new Refresh line, therefore not sure whether this would be a job for the retentions team or not.

That all aside, the reason why I was so keen to share this conversation with the rest of the Community was the intelligence insulting explanation from the Live Chat agent as to why they would not be able to offer a discount. No discount is possible because of the VAT being included in the contract price? Really? Honestly? slight_smile

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Err. ..sorry I no have on my script. ...let's waffle and blind with science LOL

Message 8 of 11

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Another quick chuckle courtesy of live chat!😂
Message 9 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I'll feed this back to the team @cyrillicguy, thanks for flagging it 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 11