Did you mean: 

another hilarity from the Live Chat

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi,

Just thought I'd buy a new connection from O2 and 'chance my arm' for some loyalty discount. Well, I know that these are hard to get these days and was expecting 'no' as a possible answer, but the explanation given by the Live Chat advisor was beyond good and evil.

I think I'll just get the quotes from Live Chat from this point, as I just don't know what to add to it. I'm speachless. I'm honestly starting to think that O2 are training their agents to be the way they are on purpose.

So, here it goes:

ME: Hi, I've currently got three lines with O2, one of them is Pay&Go. I'd like to buy a new phone with a Refresh plan, and wondering whether I can switch my Pay&Go number for that plan and also transfer my accoubnt balance towards my Refresh Plan airtime credit. Also, are there any possible discounts for me as a loyal customer if I'm purchasing that new Refresh plan?

LIVE CHAT:  I wish i can. But as you know the Tariff is Vat Included we wont be offer any discount.

ME (Thinking 'Wat?!'😞 I'm not sure how VAT affects the possibility of the discount. Could you please elaborate?

LIVE CHAT: As the Plan online IS VAT included. So  we cannot change it. And also offer  any discount.

ME: Everything you purchase is VAT included. (Ok, I was wrong with 'everything' here, but all mobile network plans certainly were, and I've already got a small loyalty discount on one of my O2 plans anyway). I'm not sure if I can extract any sense from what you're saying.

LIVE CHAT: Okay. I wont be  Able to  offer  any discount .

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions