Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong contract for last 2 years

Class2ldn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, I believe I've been on the wrong contract or the account wasmt updated like ot should have been.
We are off to the usa today and after being charged an high amount for my trip to cape verde last year I added the travel bolt on.
Now here's where I've noticed the error.
I went to add it to my wifes phone and hers was already active yet we got the phones on the same day with the same (25gb) data so I believe it should have already been activated and I shouldn't have been charged for cape verde.
Also I've noticed each month I always get a message saying I've run out of data after 5 GB (my old contract) even though on my o2 it shows 25gb.
Also when I added the bolt on today it came up saying I had to remove the European bolt on even though that's now included in the standard rates.
What's the best course of action here as obviously I shouldn't have been charged for the trip to cape verde(which I posted about at the time)
Apart from that I've never had to use the bolt on so didnt notice about the account , I thought the 5gb data thing was just a bit of a glitch.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Class2ldn 

I'd call customer service to check everything is setup ok and question the previous charges, although it's probably too late to do anything now.

Roaming guide here Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

With regard to your data. It sounds like a bolt on for the extra 20gb Guide: Where is my discount or Extra Data? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Class2ldn
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah sorry I believe I had the 15gb data and I've added a 10gb bolt on.
I spoke to someone after cape Verde and they said of be refunded some of the cost but it never happened.
Sort of gave up as their customer service seems to be pretty terrible.
It's due for renewal in 2 months so think I might be looking at other providers now
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Worth a quick call again this morning @Class2ldn to remind them they promised a refund, esp if the bolt on was or should have been there. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Class2ldn
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
We are now in the usa, now I've got the bolt on am I ok to take phone out of airplane mode and turn data roaming on?
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Class2ldn 

If you are sure you have travel inclusive, yes, you will be safe to use your phone as normal.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

For info, standard O2 travel will cost you £4.99 a day.

Travel inclusive is free use of your allowances.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Class2ldn
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah I've had to add the o2 travel bolt on as it's not showing on my account.
That's what's odd as my wifes is showing o2 travel free?
That's what mine should be showing so surely I should be able to claim them 4.99 charges back aswell?
Message 8 of 12

Class2ldn
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
On my bolt on list it says o2 travel active from 17th
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Right now you will be getting charged.

You really need to call customer services to see why you don't have travel inclusive and if they can add it for you.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12