cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow! My Bill has more than doubled

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just noticed my bill is £50 plus this month. Contract is £15.50 for 200 mins, unlimited texts with 2 bolt ons. Thought the 50MB per day re downloads etc was free. How silly of me they are now charging £1 per day!! I have never downloaded anything or accessed the internet but still they have charged me £25 extra for 25 days on the bill. Had a live chat yesterday but guy said I must have accessed the internet. I disputed this and he has sent my complaint to be investigated. How do I prove it. I have to have 02 because that the only network were  I live . If only I could change to another provider who have much better rates etc. than this.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Because a) this problem is similar to mine and b) I havent had a totally satisfactory answer yet. And your problem with that is ? !!

You don't seem very happy with O2 or the forum, the simple reason we ask you to keep your problems to one thread is to make it easier to find the answers you need and get them all together in one place.

If you post all over the place putting in additions and more queries people will get bored trying to follow it all and lose interest in trying to help you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

And your problem with that is ? !!

The problem is that you don't know how to use your phone and you're not listening to advice given.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you aren't sure how to use your phone, please use all the advice given to you or stick to a landline & a pc

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done that, Thanks very much for the link though. Been through every setting and every different option. Just didn't understand some things that's all. Thought that's what this forum was meant to do, help folk to get their heads around stuff, not deride them for "not knowing how to use their phones properLY".

Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
Follow the advice given and stick to one thread per issue and there will be no derision. We are all here to help but you need to help yourself by following the forum etiquette or else people turn off.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the helpful advice like stick to a landline. Great. 

But ok ok ok I get it now, one gripe, one thread, wrist well and truly smacked. 

Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
It really does save a lot of confusion wink

ps - you need to know Stu's sense of humour slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
My pp 21 pounds I have a bill for 119.00. Pounds, dreaded 0845/0800 need to find net work that does not take the p
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use a couple of apps where the. 0800 & 0845 numbers are converted into magic numbers that use my inclusive minutes.
Message 19 of 22

MI5
  • 144511 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
Giffgaff is the only option I know of for free 0800 numbers. All other networks charge (wrongly in my opinion) for all low call numbers. Try this app to find landline numbers from 08 numbers https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slackersoft.android.no0870&feature=search_result#?...

Currently using:
Message 20 of 22