Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental £84.99

Goody889
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to understand what my options are for upgrade. I’m paying this amount for line rental. What does that mean. I’ve had my phone more than 2 years so I can upgrade. The phone is now going really slowly and occasionally not accepting charge. Considering buying the phone outright. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36392 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone might help, @Goody889 

£84.99 seems quite high for phone and calls/data, pretty sure you can get better for less - also try resellers like Mobile phones direct, who may offer a cashback deal for cheaper than O2. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

Goody889
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, my phone is even out of contract! Do you continue to get charged the same rental even when it falls out of contract? 

Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36392 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

If a bundle from a reseller, yes - if an O2 Refresh Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? Contract, then the device plan drops away once the term is up.

You may also have other charge to mobile, you may have an Extra still in place Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

Your MyO2 bill should show what all is in that 84.99 monthly charge, @Goody889.

Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6746 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Don't upgrade with Mobile Phones direct. At the moment they are selling O2 upgrades which they can't process.

If you have the cash (or can arrange finance) buying the phone and using SIM only contracts can work out cheaper in the long run

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6236 Posts
  • 108 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Goody889 

A couple of suggestions that you might like to consider.....

A visit to your local O2 retail store might be worthwhile. You'll probably not get the best prices from them, but you can discuss your options and get a feel for what might be possible :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

You could consider buying a handset outright, whether direct from Samsung, Apple or another manufacturer, or from a retailer such as Amazon. Manufacturers will often let you pay by installments if that is important to you. 

If you buy a handset outright, you will then want a SIM-only tariff such as these from :-

SIM Only Deals: Compare our best in April 2024 - Uswitch

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/

At the time of writing, Uswitch had about six O2 offers available :-

Oxonian_0-1714302423084.png

On the face of it, it sounds like you are paying a lot of money. I hope that these suggestions will lead to you making a saving ! 👍

Message 6 of 6