Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,254

Will be saying goodbye to o2 once my contact is over

Anonymous

Well I didn't even know O2 had a facebook page, don't know how much use it would be if they have the same mods operating it.
Anonymous

Just thought...think my last post may fall foul of the moderator.

Steve,

There has been some mad moderating going on! I had to check I wasn't living in China... talk about big brother. Check out the moderator's reasons for deleting my post then check out the re-post underneath. It doesn't make an ounce of sense.

I can't make sense of this moderation and it is starting to insult my intellect.
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,254

Andy
It's just not consistent enough and there is an awful lot of petty moderating whilst a lot of stuff is just left on there.

I have followed this thread and totally agree with you. I like to praise O2 about the good things and I have never had a problem that hasn't been resolved by a single phone call or email.

However, I reserve the right to criticise when something has gone terribly wrong and has a disastrous effect on someone's financial circumstances such as has happened to Sarah. I don't know about anyone else but £600 to me would have a serious effect on my meagre income for the month.
Anonymous

Andy
It's just not consistent enough and there is an awful lot of petty moderating whilst a lot of stuff is just left on there.
I have followed this thread and totally agree with you. I like to praise O2 about the good things and I have never had a problem that hasn't been resolved by a single phone call or email.
However, I reserve the right to criticise when something has gone terribly wrong and has a disastrous effect on someone's financial circumstances such as has happened to Sarah. I don't know about anyone else but £600 to me would have a serious effect on my meagre income for the month.

Absolutely! Regardless of how big your income, it is all about how much is disposable. This month for various reasons, over £4K went out my current account. If somebody had taken another £600, I would, at the very least, be needing to go cap in hand to the bank.

Just the thought of that happening, especiallly if blameless, makes my blood boil.

I can't seem to shake the idea that this sort of thing is no big deal to O2 and it will be swept under the proverbial carpet, under the blanket of a goodwill gesture.

What we need is somebody with some clout, roaming these boards, that can take matters like this on board immediately, get things rolling and reassuring Sarah (and the rest of us) that they take matters like this seriously. As it is right now, O2 having my bank details is a worry to me.

This ridiculous moderation serves to fuel the speculation that O2 have something to hide. They do not like accepting criticism and when challenged, they simply press delete.

Don't be surprised that you find me banned, as I refuse to be moderated into compliance of the apparent draconian, ever changing, subject to interpretation, forum rules.

You just know this post will disappear.........

I promise you this though, I will come back daily, with a different name....

Andy
Anonymous

Just out of interest, the bill that wasn't due to be paid for another 9 days or so...did this have an amount carried forward on it from the previous month?

Also, it'd be interesting to know if it was the system that disconnected you or a person. An advisor can tell you this because on your account history where it shows that a disconnection has been done it will show 'System' if it was done without human intervention, or the advisors name if it was a person.
Anonymous

Just out of interest, the bill that wasn't due to be paid for another 9 days or so...did this have an amount carried forward on it from the previous month?
Also, it'd be interesting to know if it was the system that disconnected you or a person. An advisor can tell you this because on your account history where it shows that a disconnection has been done it will show 'System' if it was done without human intervention, or the advisors name if it was a person.

Agree on the interesting thing. I think I've only ever come across an account disconnecting once or twice at most for "no reason".

Also, an account goes through a debt prevention process where you would have been barred for around 2 weeks, Sarah, did you not notice this?
Anonymous

My account was not barred or anything.

December 29th...my bill was paid as normal

January 19th - got my phone bill through, telling me money would be taken out on the 29th

January 20th - was disconnected they said it was because i had not paid my bill but it was not due for another 9 days, lady on the phone said it must have been a mistake and reconneted me straight away.

March 1st - £606.97 taken from my account

I was not barred or anything and i did not have any outstanding money owed just that months bill which was not due for another 9 days.
Anonymous

Agree on the interesting thing. I think I've only ever come across an account disconnecting once or twice at most for "no reason".
Also, an account goes through a debt prevention process where you would have been barred for around 2 weeks, Sarah, did you not notice this?

Wifey,

If what Sarah is saying is the truth.... and I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve her, this is awful.

The thing is, Sarah seems to be one of these chilled out student types that would take this in her stride. O2 appear to have been very, very ordinary in their reaction and this is the perfect opportunity for somebody to take ownership and make things good. Honestly, the chance was here to shine, to make O2 look "the business".

Has it happened? Of course not! :robotmad:
Anonymous

To be honest AF, without seeing the account it's not an easy one to advise on, I've had some where it just seems illogical but after a good look through you realise why something has happened, and 99 times out of 100, there is a reason. It could just be that Sarah is that 1 person out of 100 where the computer has just had a brain burp (and I think we all know modern technology isn't infallible regardless of how big the company is, or how much money they put into systems) and this is what has happened as a result. If it was happening to a lot of people then I would agree it's a disgrace, but in reality this sort of thing just doesn't happen without a reason often but no company can boast their computers do what they should do 100% of the time.

Sarah, your bill dates and DD dates aren't matching up, or do you mean the 19th was the day you got it through the post? If they took it out on the 1st of March (2 months ago) then I expect it has been resolved now? If so, there is no need for someone to take ownership of an issue that has been dealt with.