Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Will be saying goodbye to o2 once my contact is over

o2 finally got back to me and have credited my account by £75

I'd say that's a fair enough offer of compensation Smiley Happy

I agree. Assuming this is compensation and not to cover any charges that came her way. That should be totally seperate in my opinion.
Anonymous

Dear Miss Eckersley

Thank you for your e-mail sent 29 April 2010.

I’m sorry we incorrectly billed you a termination fee and removed this payment from your bank account. I can understand the frustration this is causing, particularly as this £600 payment was taken in February 2010. I’m disappointed that customer service has been unable to resolve this issue.

I can see that a BACS refund has now been processed so we’ve refunded you for the termination fee taken from your bank account. The billing on your account is now correct. I’ve passed on feedback to the advisers involved, which will help to stop this kind of thing happening again. I’ve also credited your account with £75.00 as a gesture of goodwill, which is the equivalent of three month’s line rental. This will appear on your next bill, produced 15 May 2010.

If you’ve any more questions about this, please call me on 0845 330 0684. I’m available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Alternatively, the department is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6.30pm, and one of my colleagues will be able to help.

Kind regards

That is the reply i got from them :]
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

That looks like a good outcome, I am pleased for you.

Good luck. Smiley Very Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

Dear Miss Eckersley

Thank you for your e-mail sent 29 April 2010.

I’m sorry we incorrectly billed you a termination fee and removed this payment from your bank account. I can understand the frustration this is causing, particularly as this £600 payment was taken in February 2010. I’m disappointed that customer service has been unable to resolve this issue.

I can see that a BACS refund has now been processed so we’ve refunded you for the termination fee taken from your bank account. The billing on your account is now correct. I’ve passed on feedback to the advisers involved, which will help to stop this kind of thing happening again. I’ve also credited your account with £75.00 as a gesture of goodwill, which is the equivalent of three month’s line rental. This will appear on your next bill, produced 15 May 2010.

If you’ve any more questions about this, please call me on 0845 330 0684. I’m available Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Alternatively, the department is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6.30pm, and one of my colleagues will be able to help.

Kind regards

That is the reply i got from them :]

I recognise that style of writing and the words used. Smiley Very Happy

I will say no more.........
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Sherlock Ferguson. Smiley Wink
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,254

Well at least you got it sorted eventually Sarah so I'm pleased for that.
The £75 is a fair goodwill gesture, however, if you have incurred any bank charges at all, then you should forward these to O2 and ask them to reimburse these charges separately. Incidentally, O2 would have had to pay around £30 in fees for the BACs payment so a little poetic justice there.

I truly hope this outcome is satisfactory to you and that the staff member concerned has been suitably reprimanded.