cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't 02 take ownership of refund problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

As off today (26/10) it has been 27 days since I rejected a Samsung phone through click and click. The parcel was rejected immediately I recieved it and returned unopen. It should have been a simple  reverse transaction back to my credit card. What is the problem 02? The Customer Service have different passwords to what I use but will not speak to me. This of course is not relevant as it am asking for the money to be paid into the account that I used to buy it!

I am now filling in a form at UK gov to make a debt claim. As anyone had success with this method?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous O2 customer service cannot deal with you if you are unable to pass the security questions on your account. They will need to be able to verify that it is you they are talking to before they can discuss anything. This is simple data protection.

Ask them for alternative questions as they should have other ones registered if you forget your password
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

This reply is not relevant. I bought a phone using my credit card and immediately rejected that phone. The money should have been AUTOMATICALLY refunded.  The password issue is a seperate matter as it simply stops me speaking to the non-customer services. 

Message 3 of 17

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous we are all customers here, and I am only trying to help.

Your assuming that just because the phone has been rejected on delivery that O2 have assumed that this means your cancelling your agreement and want a refund.

This may not be the case, for all you know the delivery agent may have kept to phone, not returned it, lost it, etc. There are numerous other things that could have happened to prevent them from providing you with a refund, least of all no communication from yourself as to why the phone was rejected.

The best way to secure your refund is to speak with O2, and the only way to do this will be to get through the security questions.
Message 4 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You need to speak to CS mate
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to clarify 1. The phone was rejected in a 02 offical shop. At the time I spoke not just to the Manager but also on the phone to area manager. 2. You talk about 'sort out the security question' what do you thing I have been trying to do for the past 4 weeks! 

I refer to my original comment. Has anyone had experience of a small claims court and 02?

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Not personally but you should probably follow the complaints route first?
The process is on the link I gave you above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122891 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I have never had experience of making a debt claim via UK Gov @Anonymous. However from experience, I expect they will need to know you have followed the correct procedure from the company you are claiming from ie O2.

Follow the info from @MI5 and make a complaint.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Thought so.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122891 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Thought so.....

I can offer 'the correct advice' when pushed :smileytongue:...though I was actually more interested in the issue of making a claim via UK.Gov as I have never heard of that method at all wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 17